Curtiss P-40N Warhawk 'Burma Banshee'

Matchbox kit PK-31, Curtiss P-40N Warhawk, re-issued by Revell in the Matchbox boxing, 

A Burma Banshee of 85th Fighter Squadron, AAF 10th Airforce CBI in Assam, India 1944,

Fantastically enjoyable build and a very interesting subject,

Build thread is here:

I finished this (so i thought) for the recent Matchbox GB but I was unhappy with the provided transfers/decals (badly printed) and the fact that I hadn't completed the Mini Paint Plan with regards to the wing walks and the undersides of the gun bays.

I 'borrowed' some more stars'n'bars from a Frog Mustang kit and duly painted in the wing walks (using masking) and undersides of the gun bays (no masking, just a very small brush and a magnifying stand).

Now I'm reasonably happy to call this P-40 complete, droopy aerial wire not withstanding, and move on - i'm really pleased with how the 'Olive Drab' colour came out as it seems to be a very good match to the images of Burmese Jungle that I printed off as a backdrop.  

Thanks for your inspiration and support, BM Modellers! 

100_2011100_2024

100_2012

100_2020

100_2016

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 17

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good looking P-40N 👍 I do like the Banshee Skull. 

18 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

SUPERB  P-40N Warhawk. 

Lovely build .:thumbsup::clap2::pilot:

Many thanks, guys. The build has been seen already in the Matchbox GB (roll on the next one!) but I really needed to get some closure on sorting out the decals. Even now, I am itching to pull the P-40 out again and re-do the droopy aerial wire - it took a hit when I was finishing off for the umpteenth time,