Hellenic Air Force A-7E

I usually stick to painting figures when I'm on leave but I've been well and truly bitten by the aircraft bug and I'm currently building this.

101351-16559-69-pristine

It says A-7H on the box but I believe it's in fact an E. So far it's gone together beautifully. 

IMG_5785

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

It is essentialy an “E”. The “H” refers to Hellenic i believe. I think there were some minor internal equipment changes but I think thats it. Im sure there is someone more versed in it than myself.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I think I read somewhere that the H didn't have the air to air refuelling capability.

Hellenic Air Force had both types. 

The difference is that the H type didn't have the air refuelling capability. 

Also when the H type arrived in Hellas, the camo at the fuselage went all the way down. It didn't stop at one point where the Light Grey starts, as at the E type.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stathis said:

Hellenic Air Force had both types. 

The difference is that the H type didn't have the air refuelling capability. 

Also when the H type arrived in Hellas, the camo at the fuselage went all the way down. It didn't stop at one point where the Light Grey starts, as at the E type.  

Thanks for that Stathis.

I have two of these so the plan is to paint this one in the Tiger Meet scheme and the other in the regular camo.

• Like 1

Getting this far has not been easy. The only way I could envisage getting the fuselage decals on without serious mishap was by cutting it into more manageable sections, six in total.

The Micro Sol/Set was going on by the gallon but I don't think it's come out too badly. A few touch ups with paint are going to be required and hopefully the won't be noticeable.

IMG_5815

Having a break with some figure painting before continueing with more decaltastic fun and games. 

• Like 7