AMP Fairey Ultra Light Helicopter 1/72nd

Mr T

2 hours ago, Mike said:

That's ridiculously small... how far is it across the cockpit bubble? :lol:

Just over an inch front to back and just under  side to side I would guess. It is seriously difficult to handle  as the skids are quite fragile and the tail surfaces are not held on by very much, I replaced the plastic struts that attach the tail to the boom with brass rod. For such a small model it takes a long time to get very far as there is not much room to work. The PE is fairly comprehensive, but very small in places and the canopy/fuselage halves take a bit of work to fit together. 

• Thanks 1

The end is in sight! and this will be the last post for the WIP thread. Hopefully soon the model will be finished and on Ready for Inspection. The decals have been applied and went on ok apart from the roundels, these did not want to conform to the surface very well despite setting solutions. Paintwork has been touched up where needed and all it now needs is the final varnish coat. after the masking has been removed I will need to add the fuel filler pipe that sticks out of the lower front port window. I have not added the rotor as it will get in the way when the masking comes off and like the rest of the kit is quite fragile, despite the blades being one piece, they are thin and I suspect could break quite easily.

P1010730P1010729

Thanks for looking,

Martin

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Looking forward to seeing the masking coming off, this is looking really smart.

Martian

Thanks, I am always slightly nervous when taking masking off, there always seems a bit of paint that finds a way in. It has been an interesting build, but has demanded patience, but I think that is what modelling teaches. 

Irresistible!

Thank God it's not 1/48 - I can just about talk myself out of getting one of these in the "wrong" (for me) scale...

But it is gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Irresistible!

Thank God it's not 1/48 - I can just about talk myself out of getting one of these in the "wrong" (for me) scale...

But it is gorgeous.

Somewhere I have the moulds for a 1/48 scratch build of the type. Not wanting to drop you in it or anything Crisp!

Innocent of Mars

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

No post on this since April???  We are all wondering ' did the masking come off, or was it left on too long that it ripped the paint off'??  We are all holding our breath! 😨 

The finished model went on Ready for Inspection, the masking came of OK with only a couple of small areas needing cleaning up. Quite pleased with it, but it is seriously small. Link to RFI is below

Edited by Mr T
Tidying up
  • Like 1