Hawker Sea Fury FB.11, 803 NAS, RCN 1948

Hi All!

Given the excitement generated by the new Airfix Sea Fury I decided to drag my old Hobbycraft kit off the shelf and give it a bit of TLC. The original model used white metal gear and prop plus a vac canopy so these were reused for the rebuild. The fun part was reattaching the previously folded wings and rescribing the hinge lines...

I used xtradecals and vallejo paints finished off with Winsor and Newton Satin varnish. I have attached a pic of the model as it was originally as a comparison.

This should satisfy my Sea Fury cravings until I can build my Airfix and AMG kits. Hope you like it!

Chris

N0OboLL.jpg

8hlGgZA.jpg

hsJF0m8.jpg

yXEgWTs.jpg

bj0VN1v.jpg

• Like 36

I think I've got one of those way back it the far, dark reaches of the stash. I have a vague memory of fondling the plastic, way back in the late 80's.

Both versions of yours look great.

Chris

Still have a couple of these in the stash so I'm pleased to see they still stack up well against the younger competition.  I have the PP Aeroparts detail set as well as some of the Cooper Details aftermarket items.  All of which means that I can put off buying the new Airfix kit for a while.

Lovely build and restoration Chris.

Chris .