Another new member....

Hairtrigger

Hello fellow modellers,

Well my introduction to the world of model kit building was about at the tender age of six years old with my dad, I seem to remember it was an airfix 1\76 Typhoon.

From then on I would usually buy a model aircraft virtually every week with my pocket money, I would attempt to build them and dad would paint them.

Dad was a commercial artist and a bit of a perfectionist so when they were completed they looked pretty good thanks to him.

Dad being ex RAF was aircraft mad so never made armour vehicles at that time.  I remember building a Flying Fortress and rather than paint it silver he cut tiny pieces of very thin tin foil for each panel it took him ages, but looked fantastic when completed wish I still had that model.

After school\college and finding employment in the 80s, I started the hobby again but building tanks mainly by Tamiya.

I then stopped as other interests took over, but last year my wife bought me a book on modelling military vehicles and since then have picked the hobby up again with a vengeance.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...