Flying artillery! The Mosquito XVIII TseTse in 1/48

That’s one hell of a build with the old Airfix 1/48 Classic kit. You’ve captured the look and feel of this version most beautifully. This is Modelling at its very best.. 

Cheers.. and thanks for the inspiration to possibly consider this kit over the more recent Mosquito moulds on offer. 

Dave

Nice, uber nice in fact, you've achieved a brilliant result with that, even with the white outlined code. :D I Think that is a stunning bit of modelling.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
stupid keyboard, no really!!!!

10 hours ago, Mick Drover said:

Oooh, that's really nice!!! Those colours look great and your rescribe job is great.

I've nicked those ref pics too as I've got the 1/72 Hasegawa version about ready to go into the part barn.

Again, great job.

Michael

Thanks a lot, it was a fun "old school" build. Here's a couple of more photo's of the original that might come in handy with your build ...

TseTse5

TseTse4

• Like 2

Nice build .... ALERT !!!!! Did anyone take notice to the rather sloppy paint job on the invasion stripes on the real aircraft ? Whenever we judge our models we tend to deduct points if the invasion stripes are not perfectly painted. From a judging standpoint it is rather difficult to tell the difference between a poor paint application by a model builder or a legitimate effort to be historically accurate .... an interesting dilemma for sure.               Bob H.

• Like 1