HMS Nelson

Does anybody know if the kit is waterline only? From the limited info I've seen so far I haven't seen any evidence of a lower hull being included.

Ross. 

3 hours ago, Ravens said:

Does anybody know if the kit is waterline only? From the limited info I've seen so far I haven't seen any evidence of a lower hull being included.

Ross. 

The instructions show only a waterline configuration and there is no lower hull included with the kit.

9 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

The instructions show only a waterline configuration and there is no lower hull included with the kit.

Ah, that's a shame. Hope that wont be the case for their future releases in 1/700. 

Cheers,

Ross.

Trumpeter seem to have stopped doing full hull options on their last few 1/700 releases. The Yorktown, New York and Graf Zeppelin kits didn't have the option. As for their 1/350 kits they've done the opposite as those are now full hull only and have been for a good few years now.

Mike.

19 hours ago, Mikemx said:

I have my Nelson now. Looks miles better than the Tamiya kit. The detailing on the hull is probably a bit overdone though. That's only on first glance,

Do you know if the vessel had shields around the anti-aircraft guns behind the forward breakwater . Should not the kit be named HMS Nelson, 1945 as the model represents herself after the refit after January 1945 both in the United States and home shores ?

2 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Do you know if the vessel had shields around the anti-aircraft guns behind the forward breakwater . Should not the kit be named HMS Nelson, 1945 as the model represents herself after the refit after January 1945 both in the United States and home shores ?

I'd have to look through my books, I've also got plans for Nelson late war too, so I couldn't say until I've had a chance to check. In terms of detailing though, it's far superior than the Tamiya kit, the 20mm guns aren't solidly moulded on for a start. I've had a look though the kit parts now and it is very nicely done but people should check their references before commencing building.

thanks

Mike