Douglas DC 2K in RAF colours? - REMOVED to WWII, sorry

JWM

I don't see why the N should be red, and looking at the photo it appears darker than the red centre of the roundel.  I would also go with red/blue roundels above the wing, unless there was good evidence otherwise.

I'm not clear about the position of the Union Flag in the top artwork.  This is reminiscent of the way the flag was flown from British civil aircraft prewar, but the DC-2K is a military transport.  It seems unlikely that such courtesies were carried out in wartime anyway - except perhaps from a BOAC aircraft on arrival in a neutral civil airport?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I don't see why the N should be red, and looking at the photo it appears darker than the red centre of the roundel.  I would also go with red/blue roundels above the wing, unless there was good evidence otherwise.

I'm not clear about the position of the Union Flag in the top artwork.  This is reminiscent of the way the flag was flown from British civil aircraft prewar, but the DC-2K is a military transport.  It seems unlikely that such courtesies were carried out in wartime anyway - except perhaps from a BOAC aircraft on arrival in a neutral civil airport?

Graham, Many thanks - I removed the thread to WWII section . This was mistake that I put it here, sorry again

J-W