Sword FJ's Anyone?

Sabrejet

Yes SJ, it is very quiet on the Fury front all the hullabaloo :tumble:.

You were the 'Pathfinder' in building that kit SJ, very informative.

I did rush out and buy a number of the kits myself and they are now resting nicely with the 80+ Sabre kits I plan to build.

I posted the same question over on ARC in the jet forum and Paul Boyer posted a photo of his finished FJ-3 in VF-21 markings. Nice build. That's all I've seen so far.

The Kitty Hawk quarter scale Fury is slated to be released this year. Hope soon.

1 hour ago, jpk said:

The Kitty Hawk quarter scale Fury is slated to be released this year. Hope soon.

One can hope and pray it shows up. Between an Fj-3 and an F-86H those two are my unicorn jets. I could die and be a happy modeler if i had built those two in 1/48th before i go. 

Hi SJ! I am awaiting the Caracal decals before embarking on it. Of course, they may not not what I'm seeking so in that case it'll be home printing ;)

never fear, it is scheduled for a build :)

Martin

I want to do a natural metal Marine FJ2 in the worst way, but it's been  almost 30 years since I finished something, and I don't think I'm up to doing a metal finish airplane as my coming out of retirement build. Now, a Hurricane, Spitfire, or P-47D...I'm also with RR wanting  to see what the Caracal sheet will have as choices. I also need to figure out how to post photos so I can share some of my oldies...do NOT want to be one of those who talks a good game but doesn't share their work. All the work I have seen on BM inspires me to get with the program. Besides, I'm running out of storage space for my unbuilt inventory. Sabre Jet has not only showed us the way, he's also raised the doggoned bar for the rest of us!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I want to do a natural metal Marine FJ2 in the worst way, but it's been  almost 30 years since I finished something, and I don't think I'm up to doing a metal finish airplane as my coming out of retirement build.

Hello Mike ... Theres got to be a first time somewhere ? Just do it and if it doesn't work out you can strip the paint off and wait for another option? 

Dennis

8 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I want to do a natural metal Marine FJ2 in the worst way, but it's been  almost 30 years since I finished something, and I don't think I'm up to doing a metal finish airplane as my coming out of retirement build. Now, a Hurricane, Spitfire, or P-47D...I'm also with RR wanting  to see what the Caracal sheet will have as choices. I also need to figure out how to post photos so I can share some of my oldies...do NOT want to be one of those who talks a good game but doesn't share their work. All the work I have seen on BM inspires me to get with the program. Besides, I'm running out of storage space for my unbuilt inventory. Sabre Jet has not only showed us the way, he's also raised the doggone bar for the rest of us!

Mike

You're too kind. But I'm in a bit of a 'modellers block' period now: got about 4 kits on the go and suffering a bit of a lull in enthusiasm. Can't wait to see what Caracal (or anyone else for that matter) might do.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

One can hope and pray it shows up. Between an Fj-3 and an F-86H those two are my unicorn jets. I could die and be a happy modeler if i had built those two in 1/48th before i go. 

I have three sets of the old Microscale Decals issues for the FJ-3 Fury. The decals are for VF's 173 and 124. Nice to have back ups if one set fails. It will be interesting to see which markings KH issues they fury's with. If all else fails there is the CA resin F-86H. Yes it is no doubt expensive but it is accurate. Same for me with the _3 Fury. If KH decides not to do the Fury I can always find another CA Fury. Also, some one asked the question re the Cutlass they were supposed to be doing and the KH rep said yes they are doing it. Just FYI for those that are interested. 

• Thanks 1

I've started bashing at a Sword FJ-3M. Seems a good kit so far. A bit stalled with that antenna behind the seat. It's a pretty obvious feature even though adding it would take the build out of OOTB territory. Built up a bit of the intake and nose with sprue melted in TET to adjust the shape per available references, primarily the old "In Action," a Detail and Scale recently acquired, and the Tailhook Topics blog.

• Like 1

On 27 February 2018 at 2:43 PM, Corvi said:

I built the Sword FJ-2 already and posted an "in progress" on Hyperscale.  It is a good kit n.  I added a bit on it .

http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/plasticpixframe.htm

Here are a few shots of the completed model.  I was able to muddle through .

Steve

OtWdnTB.jpg

yUZhm40.jpgUtVlbe2.jpgfRpKRWp.jpg

Steve

Very nice :)

Martin

Any sign of the Caracal set? Hoping for a FJ-3D ;)

Martin

On 2/27/2018 at 2:43 PM, Corvi said:

I built the Sword FJ-2 already and posted an "in progress" on Hyperscale.  It is a good kit n.  I added a bit on it .

http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/plasticpixframe.htm

Here are a few shots of the completed model.  I was able to muddle through .

Steve

OtWdnTB.jpg

yUZhm40.jpgUtVlbe2.jpgfRpKRWp.jpg

Steve

Thats a really nice Fury Steve. Nice to see a natural metal Fury for a change.

Cheers

Terry