Sdkfz 251 C

Nice work on the gun covers.

For mud, I have in the past mixed talc into the appropriate colour paint, if you get enough talc in there it gets a level of clumpiness ( if that's even a word) reminiscent of mud. 

• Thanks 1

She's all done, couple of photos here, then off to the RFI 

I'm annoyed the join between the upper and lower halfs became so visible, the mouldings just not so good after all the years it's been in use, but because I weathered and painted it all separately filling became impossible 

Im pretty happy with my first attempt at mud, acrylics mixed with talc and chopped hessian string gave me grass effects

26884888878_8629da16ba_b.jpg

40045483364_0a3af043cb_b.jpg

Edited by Steve_farrier
  • Like 5

Very nicely done Steve I can just see it now going through a farmers field rain pouring down farmers field absolutely churned up with thick mud 

Brilliant job :like:

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackMax12 said:

Well, looks like a muddy spring somewhere.  Turned out pretty good Steve. (No, damned good!!)

I thought you were going back to the man-sized 1/16 King Tiger but looks

like you can do the small stuff too,

Take care,

Lloyd

I’ve been casting a load of 1/16 stuff recently. Friend of mine lent me some stuff to correct the trumpeter interior :-) 

So you mean I'll have to put a tarp over mine when you show yours?

I didn't bother too much with interior details on any of my 1/16 stuff as after all unless you take the top off the hull it's not

there anyway. I only open them up when someone asks and most folks don't miss what they don't know about. I realize they aren't

100% accurate but close enough is generally good enough and they do represent the subject....well mostly, LOL.

I'm waiting for a WIP on the KT so how about showing where you are with it?

Take care,

Lloyd

16 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

So you mean I'll have to put a tarp over mine when you show yours?

I didn't bother too much with interior details on any of my 1/16 stuff as after all unless you take the top off the hull it's not

there anyway. I only open them up when someone asks and most folks don't miss what they don't know about. I realize they aren't

100% accurate but close enough is generally good enough and they do represent the subject....well mostly, LOL.

I'm waiting for a WIP on the KT so how about showing where you are with it?

Take care,

Lloyd

Lol. I’m nowhere with it yet. It’s literally still in the box just with new resin parts. I’m working on another 2 projects as of tonight. 

My lynx restoration and a UHU infrared searchlight :-) 

Awww  come on, get with the KT already, I'm not getting any younger you know.

I just looked at this again in the RFI section and "quick little build" my a$$, this would have drove me nuts and still wouldn't

have turned out half as nice.

Take care,

Lloyd