Revell 1/72 F-16 - the 1976 kit

Rob de Bie

I'm building the old (1976) Revell kit in the red-white-blue colour scheme, in 'just like the box art' style. This is how far I've come:

f16-23.jpg

The original Revell decals are printed with one ink colour for the black and dark blue decals, and Revell picked a 'somewhere in-between' colour for that. Because of that, and because the decal film has yellowed, I redrew them and will have them printed. Here's a preview of the artwork:

f16-09.jpg

I would like to include the cockpit decals, but unfortunately, I had already used them before I scanned the decal sheet.

f16-01.jpg

Therefore I'm looking for someone that has this kit too, and can scan the decal sheet in hi-res. I only need the cockpit decals, without too much JPG compression. In return I can offer a fresh decal sheet at cost, if interested.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

• Like 2

Just now, Giorgio N said:

Don't have this kit but I have several other 1/72 F-16 kits, would any of the other decal instrument panels be of use ?

Thanks for the quick reply! I would like to replicate the Revell cockpit decals, as shown in the photo of the cockpit tub. Scalemates shows all of the derivates of thr original H-222 kit, any of these would probably have the same cokpit decals:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/122545-revell-h-222-general-dynamics-f-16a

Rob

26 minutes ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello, Rob

I have this kit, just need some time to find it and dig it out. Can you wait until Sunday or is that too late for you? Cheers

Jure

Hello Jure, thanks for the offer! Sunday is more than quick enough. Actually anywhere in the next two weeks would be fine! Thanks in advance.

Rob