Reach for the sky! ( Fun with 1/48 scale figures)

ScanmanDan

Thought no one would mind if I spun these figures off into their own post.

The German

German%20Officer%2001-L.jpg

German%20Officer%2002-L.jpg

German%20Officer%2003-L.jpg

and GI Joe

GI%2002-L.jpg

GI%2003-L.jpg

GI%2004-L.jpg

The scene 

Stickem%20up%2002-L.jpg

On looking over the completed figures I notice that the story only works from one limited angle so I think I'll have to do some thinking to add view blocks to get the desired point of view.

As always if you see anything you think I can improve on let me know. ( I'm pretty sure Joe's pants need to be more brown :(  )

Thanks for looking.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 3

Excellent. I have no idea how you manage to get such detail in 1:48. Is that a cigar in Joe's breast pocket?

Two suggestions (which may well be already in your plan): 

Will Fritz have a weapon at his feet, where he has dropped it?

I'm surprised by the light colour of the binoculars. Most of the ww2 binoculars I've seen have been black or dark green. 

Brian - I think it was meant to be an harmonica, maybe.  I like the cigar idea though.  Yeah, the binoculars are a stretch but I have seen pic of them painted yellow and wanted to add the colour to the figure.

I'm just messing about seeing what works which is what I like most about modelling.  I have some ideas about a wrought iron gate and some other set dressing and of course more painting.  Hmmm maybe a down pipe...

Here is where I'm at now.

Stickem%20up%2003-L.jpg

Stickem%20up%2004-L.jpg

I'm sure I could have come up with a better set but this is at least a quick but dirty way ahead.

Thanks for looking in.

Dan
  • Like 3

Thanks for the photos Fred, I was sure I'd seen some similar.  Nice to know that I'm not mad as a cut snake. :)

Progress;

Stickem%20up%2005-L.jpg

Stickem%20up%2006-L.jpg

Stickem%20up%2007-XL.jpg

I flipped the figures because I think the scene presents better this way and I have built the iron gate out of styrene.  I have started to block in the paint and scatter materials.  I really need to start sketching out things BEFORE I blindly start building and painting.

I want to add something at the Germans feet that he has just dropped but don't know what that will be just yet.

Do you think it looks better this way?

Dan
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...