Irish Hurricane Mk1 FINISHED

Erwin

Hi all,

After a two years break from modelling,I decided to (slowly) get started again.With still 3 months to go in this GB,I should be able to finish it in time.

I recently bought the 24 th Airfix kit . It will be a simple Out of Box build.

Not yet fully decided,but it will most likely be in Irish markings.It doesn't always have to be RAF.

foto van Erwin Hallemeesch.

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 7

Just bought one, again another kit built as a youngster, remember it sitting on top of the TV for ages. Looking forward to seeing this progress. A lot of work to cram into a GB.

Good choice though.

Cheers, M.

Before the 24th Tiffie came out this kit was going to be my planned one year ‘slow build’ project. I never ended up buying one, however that silly thought is still in the back of my mind. I shall watch on with intense interest. Good luck. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Word to the wise... Check the warpage on the fuselage halves, I've got a stalled one of these after the very badly warped nose snapped off whilst I was attempting to wrestle it into the correct alignment.

Good luck.

I finally got started on the build.

Some dryfitting on the fuselage and fixing the wing.Note that I glued the gun covers in place.

I don't build the gun bays.All my build are about "the overall look".Not the inner detail.

I will only build the cockpit.And leave out the engine too.

(Sorry for the big pictures.I copy them from my Facebook and don't know how the get them smaller)

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 5

The wing,cockpit and fuselage are done.

Note that I will add the tailwheel later to avoid damage.This can be done later by sanding off a bit of the strut.

The cockpit,once painted, can also be added after building the complete fuselage.

This build goes faster than normal as I leave out the gun bays and engine.

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 7

The main build is done and first coat of primer.

The fit of the engine covers isn't that good as they are intented to be left off.But the paint will fill the gabs a bit more.

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 6

Seen a few photos where the engine covers don't fit too well on the real machines so think you are safe enough there Erwin.

Great work so far Erwin,the cover's are a poor fit even worse when the engine's fitted so good choice to leave it out,if I remember the U/C

can be a bit wobbly once fitted and watch the tailwheel too,look forward to progress!

I've been doing some dry fitting  for my 24th Hurricane and the panels fit ok if they're put in place prior to any other assembly, obviously an option if you are building the kit without the intention of seeing the engine.

Looks like you've achieved a good solid construction, nice work on the brush painting also.

1 hour ago, MarkSH said:

I've been doing some dry fitting  for my 24th Hurricane and the panels fit ok if they're put in place prior to any other assembly, obviously an option if you are building the kit without the intention of seeing the engine.

Looks like you've achieved a good solid construction, nice work on the brush painting also.

I did fix the side pannels when the fuselage wasn't glued.It's the one-piece top pannel that was the worst.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 7:25 AM, Erwin said:

I'm calling this one done.

Thank you for looking.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see your photos Erwin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CliffB said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see your photos Erwin.

I use FB as picture host.I deleted them not knowing BM does'n store them.Will post new ones ASAP

Edited by Erwin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1