1/32 Arii Mazda Carol

Ted

Arii has a bunch of models of 50s and 60s Japanese cars, trucks and delivery vehicles. The detail is basic but the subjects and scale tick the boxes for me. This is the third one I've built.

IMG_5322

I'm adding a couple figures that came with an Airfix kit, the gentleman has a Hornet resin head and jaunty straw boater added.

IMG_5340

After assembling the interior I primed with Tamiya flat black and gave it a coat of Reaper crimson red.

IMG_5348

• Like 4

They are great little kits, aren't they? Some very odd designs though.

Bizarrely, Yesterday I was sorting out an old toolbox I haven't touched in years.

I one of the compartments (probably since 1990 something), I found that same female figure!

I also found the driver figure from an Airfix Bond Bug!

54 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

They are great little kits, aren't they? Some very odd designs though.

Bizarrely, Yesterday I was sorting out an old toolbox I haven't touched in years.

I one of the compartments (probably since 1990 something), I found that same female figure!

I also found the driver figure from an Airfix Bond Bug!

Gotta love surprises in the spares bin. Hadn't heard of the Bond Bug before, it's quite a car. The figure from the bug kit looks pretty groovy.

Edited by Ted
  • Like 1

Getting there on the exterior. I painted the car with Reaper Vampire Skin and the red is Game Colour Fresh Blood. Wasn't going for a gothic horror theme, just that those two seemed to suit the car more than other paint I had at hand. The chrome is brush painted with Citadel Mithril Silver. Next task is some pin washes, panel lines, decals and adding the last few parts.

The whitewalls are airbrushed using a circle template as a mask. Not exactly concentric but close enough for 1/32.

IMG_5351

Check out how tiny it is compared to a 1/32 1959 Impala!

IMG_5352

• Like 1