Hello from North Lincolnshire

Nickred

Hello to everyone, I'm just returning to modelling (stopped in my mid-teens) and I'd just like to say the quality of the work on here is second to none! Seriously guys well done!

My interest in aviation comes from many a happy hour spent with my dad at Binbrook waiting for a Lightning to go up (or down) and later Waddington or Coningsby, I was lucky enough to only live a few miles down the road and was able to watch when the 'Russian Knights' came into Scampton.

I have a 1/48 Lightning patiently waiting on the shelf but having no experience with my new airbrush as yet I need to hone my skills to do the old girl justice in some Binbrook markings.

I hope to display some cold war jets soon! 

• Like 1

Hello Nick ... :welcome: to Britmodeller. :welcome: back to model building. Take your time there's no rush, just build for yourself. Whatever you do don't try to please anyone just because you think you need to build to a higher level ? In case youre interested Heres a link to my Recent F.3 Lightning build. 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235028690-lightnings-thunder/

Please have a great modeling day.

Dennis

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it’s so easy to lose a few hours reading up on other people’s exploits!

I already seem to have a “stash” growing (the wife had commented, I don’t know how much longer “The boy wanted this one” will cut it)

First job is a Revell F3 Tornado 1/72 (be gentle when completed 😉)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nickred said:

I already seem to have a “stash” growing (the wife had commented, I don’t know how much longer “The boy wanted this one” will cut it)

You can get away with it right until she asks "which boy?" :D

Hello, Nick, :welcome: to Britmodeller where everyone is a bit mad at times. This is a great site; you will, if not already, discover that this is a goldmine. These are the most generous people when it comes to sharing their knowledge. They are always ready to help. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions. Dennis said it best about building for yourself. BTW, you are quite typical; that is someone who started, left, and returned. Glad to have you back! I'm Joe, live in SE Wisconsin, originally from the Chicago, Illinois area. My interests are aircraft in "The One True Scale" aka "The Gentleman's Scale" aka 1/72nd scale. No particular era, just what catches my eye. My stash dates back to the mid-70s! Clive is most likely correct in his comment. Have a great time, and enjoy your time here.

Joe