This has been fun with masses of dust, fluff and airbrush splatters and stripping the shell back to plastic enough times to lose count!!! :D

I probably should have given up and bought another at the same time I started on the second bottle of the candy violet.

Anyway,

it's quite a nice little kit and I'm pleased with the underneath and interior. The outside was mostly learning a lot about what not to do.

psx 5878

psx 5856

psx 5869

psx 6423

psx 6369

psx 6381

psx 6420

psx 043

psx 066

psx 057

psx 048

The inside was all done with alclad finishes pretty much straight onto the plastic, wheels were humbrol enamel, outside was the bright silver base and the alclad violent candy topped with a couple of goes with Klear Kote gloss. I've since bought a nice selection of alclad primers to do next ones a bit more properly, and learnt the only sensible room in flat for relatively dust and fluff free spraying is the bathroom. 

If I don't look at it too closely the scratches, chips and that nasty crack on the roof might not bother me too much. Time will tell.

I've really got the bug back for more cars, it's been way too long. :)

• Like 11

Superb as a first one back! Great colours, inside and out, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words guys. :)

Thought I best see how it looked through the big camera with a pair of daylight rated studio bulbs.

psx 6764psx 6766

I think I'll let her live with her scars and just try and go easier on the next one. :D

• Like 1

Hi Nikki

looks good,  but I know very little about cars (the thing above is something in metallic purple...I have NO idea what kind of car it is...I can't even spot any clear name..EDIT I note the tag says R34 Skyline...still none the wiser)

... but,  my reason for posting... have you seen this?

some interesting ideas here, I found very informative  and interesting, plus @cmatthewbacon  is a helpful chap.

And, you got it finished....

cheers

T

• Like 1

Hiya Troy, that's ok, I still have no idea which Spitfire is which and that's after a friend gave me a little blue  Air Ministry Spitfire Pocket Manual.

All tips are useful so i shall have a read of that link later, thank you. :)

The skyline name is embossed along the back but all the pictures of it came out red so went in the recycle bin cos they looked all wrong. It's definitely purple but my cameras are actually having trouble seeing it properly. Next one's gonna be blue and another Nissan with no name on it. Painting went very much better  and there's no glue or cracks on the lights. Woohoo.

• 2 months later...

Thank you Paul

5 hours ago, pau10wen said:

I hope I can gat my builds close to the quality of finish someday

I'm sure you will and better, you're in the right place. :)

This site helped a lot with tips and seeing what others were doing.

And airbrushing with modern pre-thinned paints are way nicer than anything I had access to when I was younger.