1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk2c

Oldone

A little bit more done and quit pleased with the way its going, made some pipework on the wheels and the mirror Ive done in chrome silver pen to make it look more like a mirror.paint on so looking better.

d8bd9d17-6ecc-4558-ba8a-d69a64df3f57.jpg

906923a5-e4b1-4336-a361-190d2d60f985.jpg

88c5ba0d-0552-430a-9aab-174741090abb.jpg6d1d6b36-b53e-4c44-957c-22cc92e875e0.jpg

• Like 3

Well, the boxtop has a Ia or IIa on it and, what looks like, the Heller IIc inside so, I'm sorry to say you've been the victim of shoddy marketing; the IIc wasn't used in the Battle of Britain.

Nice work on the etched belts (my lack of patience and poor eyesight mean I don't use them), the instrument panel looks excellent and your paintwork is nice and smooth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The box top actually has a de-cannoned IIc* on it. The kit and markings represent the de-cannoned IIc flown by the BBMF

* you can see the artist included the IIc wing bumps and it actually says IIc on the box

• Thanks 2

On 23/02/2018 at 09:26, andyf117 said:

Airfix released a box set of a Hurricane, Lancaster and Spitfire for the Battle of Britain 50th Anniversary, featuring the markings carried by the BBMF aircraft that year:

airfix-battle-of-britain-50th-anniversar

The three kits were also released individually - I have the Hurricane, and yes Beard, you are correct, it is the Heller IIC, but as Black Knight rightly says, it represents the BBMF de-cannoned aircraft. The instructions actually show to cut off the cannon barrels, and the decal sheet is titled BBMF / Hurricane IIC.

Yes you are right. and is Beard. So back to the drawing board and make it has PZ865/Q. To me the Hurricane does not look right with-out its Cannon Barrels so a change in camouflage I think

I live and learn.You are never to old to learn.

On 22/02/2018 at 18:42, Beard said:

Well, the boxtop has a Ia or IIa on it and, what looks like, the Heller IIc inside so, I'm sorry to say you've been the victim of shoddy marketing; the IIc wasn't used in the Battle of Britain.

Nice work on the etched belts (my lack of patience and poor eyesight mean I don't use them), the instrument panel looks excellent and your paintwork is nice and smooth.

Thank you for your kind words and comments. I should have done my homework on the Hurricane instead of rushing it. Still with the help of you and others I can put things right and have aHurricane as I like to see it.

• Like 1

Nice work so far! She’s looking good.

cannon hurricanes did fly in the Battle of Britain and got kills! They were however prototypes. 151 sqn few two, one with 20 mm cannons attached to a mki fabric wing hurricane and a mki which had been converted into a C wing, coded DZ*Z and DZ*C respectively... I think

looking forward to the finished product!

Rob

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, rob85 said:

Nice work so far! She’s looking good.

cannon hurricanes did fly in the Battle of Britain and got kills! They were however prototypes. 151 sqn few two, one with 20 mm cannons attached to a mki fabric wing hurricane and a mki which had been converted into a C wing, coded DZ*Z and DZ*C respectively... I think

looking forward to the finished product!

Rob

Thank you Rob, Makes interesting reading and food for thought for another Hurricane

• Like 1