Tamiya 1/32 A6M5 Zero

Hi All, this is my latest effort. Tamiya quality kit as ever just my modelling skills don't match unfortunately. As a teenager it was so easy but getting back into the hobby in your sixty's bloody hard, but I'm loving it. I'm satisfied with a decent tidy finish, tried weathering on cheap 1/72 kits and made a mess of it so I think I will keep to the Museum look.

Please feel free to comment.

Jimresized_f7d2d401-691e-4007-b127-53dfbc75resized_46a36867-1302-4e18-bdda-289d7191resized_9f9b275a-c798-4135-b8b6-b809c95dresized_49c50a1f-233d-4ecd-a7be-55dcb6e8resized_ca3ecfe8-51d3-4858-b985-a16448a6resized_0cea81e6-b469-43c9-a11a-de54887e

• Like 31

Hi Jim. I reckon you undersell your skills. Your Zero looks great. I, for one, actually like the look of a nice clean aircraft....they had to be brand new once! 

You’ve done a great job with the canopy framing....it looks really sharp. 

Natural light makes it look good too....bring on the sunshine!

cheers

Tania

• Thanks 1

Very nice.

Personally I like the lack of weathering. Yours looks like a real aircraft in miniature - not always something that can be said for a model that's been 'pre-shaded', 'post-shaded' and 'modulated' to within an inch of its life!

Edited by IanC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really nice build!!! I agree with some of the others who commented on the lack of weathering..... I like modeling aircraft "clean". Most models that I have seen have taken the "weathering" thing way too far, they don't look real to me... I like your build a lot!!!

• Thanks 1

Cracking build on the big Zero Jim of what is (still) probably the most enjoyable model kit I have ever built. As others have said, they didn't come out of the factory with chipped paint and TBH, many of them never lasted long enough to have got even slightly 'weathered' !

Gary

• Thanks 1

Just caught up with this Jim.

Brilliant... I'd be proud of that .......... well done mate :speak_cool:

Second pic down shows you need to do some dead heading in the garden :P

Richard

• Thanks 1