SHAR - the Harrier at sea

Col.

Since the airbrake looked about as finished as I'm ever likely to get it time came to fix it in place and think about joining the main fuselage halves...

41035474941_0827773099_z.jpg

As you can see there's a lot of work to be done around it to blend everything in and make that area look correct.

There's also been an attempt to represent the RCV under the tail...

41035488111_3b01a7d0ec_z.jpg

After cutting out the hole a small piece of plastic card had two small holes drill about 1mm apart and then linked with some carefull cuts then trimmed down to a close border. This oval piece was then glued to another small length of plastic card that holds it over the hole. All this would be better illustrated by a photo but I was having far too much fun to think of that at the time. The vents above the lower RCV and behind the side RCVs were also drilled out and after thinning the plastic inside each half a small piece of ultra-fine mesh from one of those fancy pyramid shaped herbal tea bags got superglued into place to represent the wire mesh guard found on those...

26164943267_0a237ab3dc_z.jpg

Edited by Col.
  • Like 7

Having finally got some time to this one last night I went to upload the photos and found my thread on the second page. This is a good measure of how popular and busy our GB is :D As well as how slow I'm making progress :( Anyway, enough of my woes, here's where this one has lurched to now...

The forward and main fuselage sections are now one and the tailfin was also added along with some filler at its base to be shaped into the bulges to accomodate the tailplane mechanism at its uppermost limits of travel...

41190386712_84d43a6cd2_z.jpg

The wing has also had the prominent engine accessory vent and intake detailed. The former was done by hollowing it out and then building up the detail with thin plastic sheet while the latter was also hollowed out and a piece of mesh cut from a fancy herbal teabag glued over it...

26361635817_f2f79cc2d2_z.jpg

Plenty more things on the task list but getting there slowly and this is a labour of love :) 

Edited by Col.
  • Like 4