1/72 - de Havilland DH.88 Comet by AZmodel - released

Homebee

AZmodel/Kovozávody Prostějov has just announced working on a 1/72nd de Havilland DH.88 Comet kit - ref. ?

Source: 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=2959594

(...) To the twin engined aircraft we are working on - it is DH 88 Comet. In four various boxes. We are very sorry that we did not fulfill a lot of personal wishes. 🙂 Next time... (...)

So just as MikroMir :-< ... Thread: link

In the same scale there's also the SBS Model resin kit: link

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Three D88s! AZ must think they can beat Mikro Mir to the draw. Wish they would get on with the Master and think about a Venom, the latter would probably be a better seller, I might buy one Comet, but several Venom, especially if a range of marks is offered. 

Never say never... I bet we have more chance of a Ukraine or Czech company given the ones mentioned above than a British manufacturer.

Odd we've got three (4 including Airfix) DH.88's... but I can't complain!

The Mikro Mir one will be superior, as it's all new, designed on CAD from scratch and has engine detail. The AZ one will be limited run as it is from hand made 1/72 masters (possibly semi-derived from earlier kits, in the Czech tradition....). 

Not a good choice considering all the other DH types which could have been done.....AZ trying to crash the party ?

Test parts pics

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/de-havilland-dh-88-comet-1-72-novinka-az-model/

DE HAVILLAND DH – 88 COMET 1/72, NOVINKA AZ MODEL

Přes nevelký počet vyrobených kusů patří závodní letoun DH – 88 Comet mezi významné milníky historie britského letectví.

Navíc těch několik málo vyrobených Cometů vystřídalo velké množství zbarvení, proto tento typ již několikrát vzbudil pozornost výrobců plastikových modelů.
V těchto dnes probíhají dokončovací práce na novince – stavebnici DH – 88 v měřítku 1/72 i u AZ model. Přinášíme vám několik fotografií z výrobní dokumentace modelu, které vám dají dobrou představu o tom, co lze v krabičce očekávat.

Redakce

Clipboard08-1500x1023.jpg

Clipboard07-1500x917.jpg

Clipboard03-1500x1125.jpg

Clipboard06-1500x975.jpg

Clipboard05-1500x941.jpg

Clipboard04-1500x943.jpg

Clipboard02-1500x867.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

If I would like to do a military scheme - is this one below is the only one possibility? Or there is some evidence  of Dark Earth/Dark Gree with yellow bottom? In Wiki I've read that in 1943 one Comet was impossed to RAF...

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania raf dh 88

Scheme could be also Portugese one (having both civil and military markings):

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania portuguese dh 88

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania portuguese dh 88

I hope such schems will be included in AZ box

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
correction

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

- ref. KPM0099 - de Havilland DH-88 Comet "Mac Robertson Air Race"

Source: http://www.kovozavody.cz/en/produkt/dh-88-comet-mac-robertson-air-race/

KPM0099-_DH-88-_Mac-_Robertson-_Air-_Rac

KPM0099_camo.jpg

- ref. KPM0101 -  DH-88 Comet "in RAF and Foreign Service"

Source: http://www.kovozavody.cz/en/produkt/dh-88-comet-in-raf-and-foreign-service/

KPM101_box.jpg

KPM0101_camo.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

I was tempted by the SBS kits for a while. But as Dalea said, I'm not a fan of resin (accursed superglue!) if I have an alternative. Sometimes I don't, and I do occasionally build a resin kit. But I'd MUCH rather have an injected one, esp when it's cheaper. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the first Comet kit to have gone for the controversial (but in my opinion, correct) silver lettering on the red and green aircraft ! Ellipses for the racing numbers should be silver also. Comet stripe on 'SS was done in a brighter silver, maybe silver leaf or powder. Good marks for AZ getting it at least somewhere near and more correct than previous attempts.... 

Bought one at Moson Show last weekend, I am not that impressed, its typical AZ/KP short run kit, I expected better quality(  full run toolings like Mezek family, SG 38 etc..), given popularity of the subject. Expected definitive Comet in 72nd scale, unfortunately AZ/KP kit won't be it.

P.S. About half of the decal sheet is out of register.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

Wow, the first Comet kit to have gone for the controversial (but in my opinion, correct) silver lettering on the red and green aircraft ! Ellipses for the racing numbers should be silver also. Comet stripe on 'SS was done in a brighter silver, maybe silver leaf or powder. Good marks for AZ getting it at least somewhere near and more correct than previous attempts.... 

With you there, though I think others have a different opinion. 🤨

No bearing markers for the wings which is a shame as well.

Worth getting one just for the decals...