1/35 AFV Club Vietnam RAAC Centurion

Fitzy

Hi Guys,  Well this was a bit of a build especially messing up putting in the correct gun mantlet.....and trying a number of gun mantlet cover options which all failed.  Why it didn't come as an option  is beyond me as finding an image with it not attached is almost impossible!  Anyway that is the negative out of the way.  The positives was the excellent fit, excellent detail and tooling.  I added a resin crew commander and centurion gear  which were both excellent quality and add to the authenticity.  Weathering was  applied with some brown wash and "lots" of pigment to simulate the extreme effect of the Vietnam dust which permeated everything.  Once my scratch building skills improve I will add the turret bin straps and the gun mantlet cover, certainly happy to hear advice and suggestions you guys might have :).  Anyway will be adding an M113 with T50 turret and then look a diorama options.

aa45587e-2b03-492a-97f8-c99bcd8b2798.jpge7c935ca-ef4f-4c5b-b1d8-09905cc74ad7.jpge6a14b17-b48f-4ec2-a886-f4f0994cd669.jpg82b74296-379f-476f-98f7-1449b5bf1e16.jpgc93a7086-1836-4be8-8209-0487fc8899e5.jpge0f332f1-92c6-4d1e-acc5-6ad747dd2a2e.jpg

• Like 16

Whose roadwheels did you use?  Those aren't the kit ones, and they're not the Legend ones.  Panzer Art?  MR Modellbau?

I'm on a quest to find out who makes correct roadwheels with the reinforcing ribs inside the rim, which yours have.  No injection plastic parts can show them because of the moulding limitations.

Thanks for the great comments guys, Das Abteilung, mate those are the kit road wheels, they sure are great quality and are also rubber.   I also finally ordered the AFV club resin Mantlet cover as well, Soeren :) .....now will have to work out how to retrofit it.   I have Also received the AFV club M113 ACAV and ordered the Aussie 1968 resin conversion for the final 1968 diorama (FSB Coral/Balmoral) I also ordered the T50 turret (fitted to Aussie M113A1's after 1970) so wont be utilising on this build.  Might look at another Vietnam diorama post 1970, maybe battle of Binh Ba,  we'll see :)  Cheers

That really did turn out beautifully and I do like the way you have done the red dust - very effective! :thumbsup: It really is a great kit - a few fiddly bits here and there - but a fun build. I built one a while back in the Vietnam II GB and it was my first proper 1/35 kit - done a few more since!

Looking forward to seeing your M113 and diorama(s)

Kind regards,

Stix 

Nice Early War Centurion.

When you get your AFV mantlet cover, try making the Barrel hole bigger at the top or bottom, enough so it will slide down the barrel past the fume extracter, then you can attach and backfill the hole with filler or use a section of PVA soaked tissue as a patch.

Darren