Rockwell T-2C Buckeye, VT-19 NAS Meridian

This is my latest completion, built for the Matchbox II GB which ended recently. A mainly OOB build with the addition of Pavla's Resin update set for Cockpit and Nose Wheel Bay, then completed with HATAKA's Orange Line US Navy and US Marine 'High Viz' paint set and the kit decals.

Rockwell T-2C Buckeye

VT-19, U.S. Navy

NAS Meridian 1975

1/72 Revell (Re-box of Matchbox PK42)

39533760794_8b60b1b8fa_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

39533762574_a16d092c48_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

38434215260_f4a00367bd_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

38434213780_788252cf8f_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

38434212840_ba39a13d1d_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

40244824571_7270707bca_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 36

John, 

You’ve accomplished a superb little  Buckeye with what in all honesty is a fairly basic Matchbox kit. The manner in which you have brought this up to modern standards is a true reflection of your excellent modelling talents. 

It was so good to see this build come alive whilst tracking the Matchbox GB. Thanks. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

John, 

You’ve accomplished a superb little  Buckeye with what in all honesty is a fairly basic Matchbox kit. The manner in which you have brought this up to modern standards is a true reflection of your excellent modelling talents. 

It was so good to see this build come alive whilst tracking the Matchbox GB. Thanks. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks a lot Dave. When I look at some of the wonderful work displayed on this forum, I consider myself to be a mediocre kit assembler, but I enjoy what I do and try to do it to the best of my abilities.  

It was a great group build to be a part of and the number and standard of completed models making it to in the gallery reflect this.

17 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Another eye catching scheme for your excellent collection John!

You know me Cookie, always attracted by an eye-catching scheme. :winkgrin:

17 hours ago, spaddad said:

tasty

Thanks a lot @spaddad, glad that you like it.

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great little Buckeye 👍 ... Reminds me of the one at the local museum about 5 miles down the road. 

Thanks for the comment. That's what I like about the US, you're never too far from an aircraft museum. :D

• Like 2

12 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Awesome work John, loved it from start to finish.

Well done mate.

Thanks for the very kind comment Craig. I'm glad that you enjoyed the build.

There is still plenty of room for improvement though, and should I ever build another one, I would fill the existing panel lines and scribe new ones, use clear sprue for the tank tip lights, and whilst I opened up a couple of the intakes on the fuselage sides, the shape of these is incorrect from photos that I have looked at. There are also a couple of large fire doors on the sides that are represented by a decal in the kit, so I would open those up too.

Cheers again,

• Like 1

Hi John,

this is a glorious build of a challenging kit! And the plane and paint scheme are both super, so this RFI ticks all the boxes!!!

Congratulations!!!!

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi John,

this is a glorious build of a challenging kit! And the plane and paint scheme are both super, so this RFI ticks all the boxes!!!

Congratulations!!!!

JR

Thank you very much Jean, it comes as no surprise that you should like this one, especially with your weakness for US Navy subjects. :D

I hope that things are settling down in your area of the world. Stay safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

Thank you very much Jean, it comes as no surprise that you should like this one, especially with your weakness for US Navy subjects. :D

I hope that things are settling down in your area of the world. Stay safe.

Hi John,

unfortunately, US Navy aircraft are not my only weakness... Marsipan is a strong contender for the top podium step! Life can be hell...

Here things are still settling down, but one can now be cautiously optimistic. Much better than with Bob and Disgrace!

The main challenge now is poaching at night with dogs, so a lot of bush work, tracking and raids... Same O, same O...

Hardly any time left to look at a kit!

Congrats again on your Buckeye!

Regards to Mrs. Nimrod and your growing furry ball!

JR

10 minutes ago, jean said:

Regards to Mrs. Nimrod and your growing furry ball!

JR

Molly is approaching eight months now and is great fun to be with. Here is how she looked on Monday of last week

25589207797_fe03845af7_n.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

and this was on Tuesday. Much easier to clean after a walk through woods. :D

25589207327_2d11ca2600_n.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Apologies for the thread drift guys, thanks for your patience.

6 hours ago, Viking said:

Wow, that is a real beauty. I love seeing these old kits being built up, what a lovely job you have done.

Cheers

John

Thanks very much John. I am pleased with the way that this one turned out.

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

That's the Matchbox kit? No way! Well done!

Mike

It sure is Mike, and here is a shot of one of the sprues showing the kit number. You can also make out part of the original manufacturers name.

37515589472_1a5c0a692d_c.jpg

Thank you for your comment.