M4A1 SHERMAN 1/35 ITALERI

FrancisGL

HI Pals,

Now I have an interval of time and I'm going to start with the Sherman kit I have for Britmodeller's GB.

It's all about an oldie, the M4A1 at 1/35 of Italeri. I had it stored in a closet about 15 years ago, and I did not buy it at the time, it came as a gift for deliveries in a collection of Osprey house books on armored vehicles.

It's not my favorite Sherman, because it combines cast iron hull with 76mm long cannon, for my taste, hull with straight sides and short barrel, it attracts me more, but at the moment it is what I have available (I should not buy more kits until I do site ... lol).

For the time that this kit has, it is not so bad, it includes a lot of detail, although the tracks will surely give me problems, because I have already finished other kits "brothers", and have almost always ended up breaking, because the plastic must be bad for the passage of time.

I think I can get a decent result at least, although from what I've seen a little, there are already many models started (some finished), and the average level is very high.

KAq1XfN.jpg

JUrCcSq.jpg

I hope to hurry, because there is less time ...

Cheers mates :lol:

39823991361_729b8cb2c4_o.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 8

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Welcome Francis, looking forward to watching you do this magic on this kit.

Many thanks for your interest, like and kind words, I hope not to disappoint you...lol

Cheers Ozzy :cheers:

39028690974_d0c5ee828e_o.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Great to see you taking part in this GB. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this older kit. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Many thanks for your interest and kind words, I hope not to disappoint you (and me...lol), 

Cheers Stix :cheers:

39028690974_d0c5ee828e_o.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Looking forward to your build Francis a classic old kit this one I still have one in the stash also 

beefy

Many thanks for your like and interest, I would love to see some picture of your model, it can be an inspiration to me.

Cheers beefy :yes:

pCL06QB.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL

6 hours ago, Badder said:

Great to have you join us Francis.

I can't wait to see your model finished for this GB, then 'winterised' in a future RFI! :D:D

Rearguards

Badder

Many thanks for your support and interest, 

seen the seen, I do not think it stands out too much, there are already very good finished models, and some that are very advanced, they also look very good. This kit, will be 98% OOB almost sure, so in detail and accuracy will be a step back ...

I do not rule out "snowing" ... lol, I've seen some kit like mine finished like that, and I liked it a lot, but, as it happens almost always, I know what I want to do, but I almost never finish as I thought, almost like the box of chocolates by Forrest Gump ... lol.

Cheers Badder :cheers:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 02:

Hi Pals,

Continuing with the assembly of the kit, I have not had much time, but this bunch of plastic is taking shape.

The work with the rolling train, as always something tedious, so repetitive, but without mention problems, some subgroups such as the cannon, to go on with the hull on the bottom, and the turret, basically, the model is finished to build, although I will leave details about it for later, because the plastic is very weak, added to the fact that they are very thin, so some of them will probably be broken ...

Sorry for the photos, I realized that they are somewhat blurred afterwards, although the last I did with flash, because the plastic is very dark, to see some detail in the kit.

The next update will be the main painting, with its corresponding processes.

Thanks for watching and comment as always, cheers mates :D

LE0PGRC.jpg

1DKis4b.jpg

WMIE63P.jpg

A1INK2D.jpg

LEzi0JE.jpg

sQ6phyY.jpg

ZyEVR9G.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/3/2018 at 23:11, Hewy said:

This slipped under the radar francis,i  look forward to some of your wonderfull  finishing and weathering

Many thanks for your kind words, don't worry about radar, too much information for processing...lol

thanks for the support, cheers Hewy :yes:

pCL06QB.jpg

UPDATE 03:

Hi Pals,

Here is the next progress with the model. I have had some problem with it, specifically with painting.

I did not like too much the options suggested by the kit, and once with the US decals, I decided to go back, so I tried to try a Winter Camo (I remembered Badder ... Mr. Frost attacks again. :cold:..lol), but this time I was not lucky, once I did the main thing, I did not like anything as it was, so I had to clean the kit (at least twice), and if it had not been for being a member of the GB Sherman, it would probably have been spare parts ...:think:

With what I had just spare parts, specifically decals, I saw that I could try, and it occurred to me to do something British.

I feel that the photos of the process are not here, but I have been doing great amounts of each step, but in the end, I have not taken advantage of them, because there came a moment when I had a little chaos with the different painting attempts, and the Deleted from so many files ...:rage:

Basically, in these photos, you can already see the model as it is going to be, with the main paint, decals, weathering, and a later addition of equipment in the back of the vehicle of spare parts and something on purpose.

It only remains to fine tune the weathering, and the final photos to terminate the model.

Thanks for watch and comment as always, cheers mates.:D

JTwXFZY.jpg

rFyBZfA.jpg

Id8jbdm.jpg

With desk clean...

6ZunIXq.jpg

rmwDSCK.jpg

x5mBHno.jpg

gDg9WSW.jpg

ZVgQH81.jpg

pDMY8KZ.jpg

UarJguj.jpg

With some mud...

sqFCXiU.jpg

AVzPlkU.jpg

8Xqgd9q.jpg

8ojUY6R.jpg

NHyCuE0.jpg

aE9tsjV.jpg

SQ8VH34.jpg

4CjO74a.jpg

HcOz2xF.jpg

VFQbyz7.jpg

qxWP84Q.jpg

gVIFoOI.jpg

With some oils...

JKw1urx.jpg

H7rGt1g.jpg

IVizfQg.jpg

With some extra equipment...

jmFCFo8.jpg

GomLzd9.jpg

o5jt8x0.jpg

dWRinQX.jpg

CQG92n4.jpg

eV45qWr.jpg

B4WcBan.jpg

BrhCRSn.jpg

Axb01UT.jpg

pCL06QB.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Francis it looks splendid, did you change the colour or use filters it looks a more greener hue the last 10 or 11 pictures, it may be lighting but the last 10 or 11 look really good

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Francis it looks splendid, did you change the colour or use filters it looks a more greener hue the last 10 or 11 pictures, it may be lighting but the last 10 or 11 look really good

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you lke it, although I'm not totally sure, the first photos with a greener color, maybe it was just applied the oil wash, that is, it was fresh, and once the excess product was removed, it was again a bit different, in addition, the light It is also very possible that it was moved from site, so it certainly affected the color of the photo ...

Cheers Hewy :yes:

• Thanks 1

Hi Francis. Sorry to hear you have been having trouble with your build. You wouldn't guess to look at it. From where I'm sitting you have made excellent progress. I really like your weathering and mud effects - very realistic! The stowage really adds to the project too! :clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 22/3/2018 at 22:18, Ozzy said:

Fantastic job Francis, she looks suitably weathered and stowadged.

Many thanks for your interest and suport, cheers Ozzy,  :yes:

pCL06QB.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1