Dewoitine D.520 1/72 RS Model

Hi folks,

this is one of my first projects finished this year, specially commissioned for the upcoming Valiant Wings title North Africa Campaign. This RS Model effort is in my opinion one of their finest lately.

The markings were combined of several decals sheets leftovers to depict the last D.520 (No.300) this famous French ace flown before converting to P-39 and his unfortunate death.

Cheers

Libor

38552424160_8aeb5608a1_o.jpg

25490539067_a2937a5698_o.jpg

39651615914_0d579e701d_o.jpg

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Libor,

A very nice all-around build-the colors, markings, and weathering are very realistic; looks like a very good kit, as well. Do you know how well it stacks up against the Hasegawa kit? I have it and the old Heller releases, but do not have the RS kit...yet.

Mike

Thanks for all kind comments gents, happy you like the kit!

On ‎19‎.‎2‎.‎2018 at 6:33 PM, 72modeler said:

Libor,

A very nice all-around build-the colors, markings, and weathering are very realistic; looks like a very good kit, as well. Do you know how well it stacks up against the Hasegawa kit? I have it and the old Heller releases, but do not have the RS kit...yet.

Mike

I made just a brief side by side comparison for my article as I built the Hasegawa kit long time ago and I don't remember much... Anyway, can't help myself, but the RS Mode suits better to my fresh memories (and photos) of my recent visit at Le Bourget. Also, I had in my stash the correction set for the Hasegawa kit which addressed the wrong shape/size of the radiator bath, which seems to be OK on the RS Model and also the rear fuselage does not look so skinny. However, the RS Model kit is obviously 'based' on the Hasegawa, but it was reworked and aside the aforesaid it has better cockpit and wheel bays as well.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Libor, that really is a beautiful finish that you have achieved on that little D.520.

I have tried to achieve such subtle weathering myself, but just can't seem to get the hang of it. I will buy your book, so hopefully I will be able to achieve such results! 

No pressure ;)

Libor, the standards you've set for 1/72 models are very hard to beat.

I especially admire your flawless paint job and the super-clear transparent parts.

Also, the multitude of colors used will make this kit stand out on the shelf!

I've build this kit, some time ago, but looking at your result, it seems you've worked the surface with a riveting tool?

I can't remember having such delicate surface detail on my rendition.

May I kindly ask what type of paints you have used?

Best greetings, Roman

Thanks chaps, much appreciated! :-)

19 hours ago, Smudge said:

Hi Libor, that really is a beautiful finish that you have achieved on that little D.520.

I have tried to achieve such subtle weathering myself, but just can't seem to get the hang of it. I will buy your book, so hopefully I will be able to achieve such results! 

No pressure ;)

Hope it will help too! Anyway, do not hesitate to contact me via PM should you have any questions.

17 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Libor, the standards you've set for 1/72 models are very hard to beat.

I especially admire your flawless paint job and the super-clear transparent parts.

Also, the multitude of colors used will make this kit stand out on the shelf!

I've build this kit, some time ago, but looking at your result, it seems you've worked the surface with a riveting tool?

I can't remember having such delicate surface detail on my rendition.

May I kindly ask what type of paints you have used?

Best greetings, Roman

Hallo Roman! Yes, the kit was riveted in my usual fashion (in the Surfacer, not in the bare plastic) with Rosie the Riveter tool.

The paints are Gunze Aqueous throughout, as follows;

Light Blue Grey H67+H325 (50:50)

Brown H17

Khaki Green H80

Grey H307

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1