FS36081 Spray

PhantomBigStu

Run into problems with my B52, basically its so large by the time I've painted half the a/c the pot has either shifted in colour as pigment is used up so bits stop matching or the pot runs out and the fresh one is slightly different in shade so again bits don't match. So looks like I need a rattle can option 

Why not do as house painters do?  Get yourself as many pots as you think you will need.  Mix them together for a uniform shade and then get to work. 

The resulting colour won't be identical to either but won't be far from either, um, either.  I bet your eye can't tell!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RJP said:

Why not do as house painters do?  Get yourself as many pots as you think you will need.  Mix them together for a uniform shade and then get to work. 

The resulting colour won't be identical to either but won't be far from either, um, either.  I bet your eye can't tell!

Actually that’s a good idea, might try that instead 

12 hours ago, johnd said:

And if you're worried about the paint changing colour slightly as you go due to pigment issues, plan it out so that different sets of panels are painted in order. Tonal variation and all that.

John.

Would work if it was predictable, but sadly not, painting away one colour, dip the brush in and suddenly its shifted 

Will be trying the multi pots in one option, just need to get hold of sealable pots of larger capacity to put a couple of pots i, anyon know where to look?

There are lots of suitable mixing containers free in the average kitchen and many of them just the right size, condiment and ingredient jars that would otherwise be thrown away.  We have a small cupboard full of them, washed for re-use.  Jam, yeast, garlic, even a few baby food jars from the last century.

They will all be too big to store the mixed paint, too much air space inside for that.  You can return it to the original bottles or tinlets and seal them properly.

Edited by RJP