1/35 Nashorn tracks

stephen8718

Hi guys i got a Dragon 1/35 Nashorn 2nd hand only there were no tracks with the kit. i was just wondering if any rubber tracks from any other kits would fit it as its a lovely kit and i might be able to buy the tracks off and old kit that some one has lying around . thanks

Edited by stephen8718
add words

The obvious answer is: any Pz Kpfw IV tracks would do it - gun tank, another Nashorn, Hummel, StuG IV, JgPz IV, Brummbar, Flakpanzers, even a Dicker Max.  There's a lot on the market between Tamiya, Trumpeter, Bronco and Dragon.  I'd avoid Italeri unless they've improved theirs a lot.

But I'm guessing you know that already and are really asking, would the tracks from another kit fit round your Nashorn's drive sprocket.  They should - the pitch between links is small, so minor differences between manufacturers shouldn't matter too much - but someone more expert than me may pick this up and say whether some are better than others.  Ideally, you could find a Dragon kit with two sets of tracks in it, one as separate links and one all-in-one DS set.  But I'm a bit hazy on whether there are any DS tracks for the Pz Kpfw IV series.  Another alternative, of course, is replacements such as Friul metal tracks.