Land Rover Leightweight

Natter

Hi All, Matador Models make some lovely kits and some fantastic conversion and upgrade sets for us braille scale modellers.  This is the first of their kits I have built, though I used their Alamein M3 conversion set and have two others to use on Airfix 1/76 kits.  As you can see from my tagline that I rather like Land Rovers, though a decent Lightweight is beyond the range of my savings and likely to stay that way.  Now I have one in my display cabinet though, albeit a rather small non-runner.

Matador's offerings are resin and white metal, this being an all resin kit.  The kit includes a couple of Clansman TUAMs and a set of tools, but I decided not to use them.  I added the gearchange lever and the two change levers, but you can't see them so they were a pointless addition.  As we modellers understand though - I know they're there.  The windows are Micro Krystal Klear, but I should have tried making them out of thin clear acetate.  I added Little Lenses for headlights.  I still have to try and make decal number plates, but my printer is not playing at the moment so they'll have to wait for now.

39443554805_08d0efe9be_b.jpg

39443554125_4fe1b2407f_b.jpg

40295924072_debe97d81f_b.jpg

40295922452_39aabf7a42_b.jpg

Thank you for stopping by to look.

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Oh, that's very nice... just seems to be missing a teeny-tiny union flag on the back... ;-P As for the ratio levers, I bet they were satisfying... do they have the red and yellow knobs in a military one?

Small is beautiful...

best,

M.

Mmmm - good point about the Union Jack.  Yes, the levers were satisfying, and yes they have the correct red and yellow tops too.