Karrier Bantam Domestic fire Tender. A Solution !!

Mancunian airman

As usual before asking for information, I looked on the Internet to try and find details of the equipment carried by this vehicle.

I presume on the flatbed there would have been a pump of sorts but I dont know about a water tank ??

Can I presume it hitched up to a hydrant and simply pumped water ?

To give you some idea of the period vehicle I am looking at, here is a model which doesnt give much in the way of details  . . . 

.http://www.scalemodel-photos.net/picture/show/4751/RAF-Karrier-Bantam-domestic-fire-tender

I can see there is a ladder but dont know much else. I believe this particular model of Karrier Bantam was used into the 1950's on RAF stations

I have the trailer from Oxford diecast

Thanks in anticipation

Ian

Edited by Mancunian airman

I have been informed that Geoff lacey has a plan of this vehicle but where to contact him ? Is he still around ?

I think somewhere along the corridor of my mind there is a cupboard that reminds me that they were passed on to John Church ?

Can anybody clarify this please ??

Thanks

Ian

Thank you Tim for the plan you sent through, apologies for the late response, I'm not always at my house .

I am currently of a mind set to build numerous vehicles and I have been after the said plan because I know that this particular vehicle was at my local RAF station.

I was carrying out at audit (checking the stash:lol:) when I came across this little gem . . .

39610260435_b45c70349d_z.jpg

38695322200_decb4bb04d_z.jpg

I dont know how many years I have had this but I was pleasantly surprised. I dont think I shall use it for my actual build, I have the Langley Bantam Bin lorry kit that I can build as the Domestic tender vehicle because I now know whats on the back, on the flatbed !!

Ian