Spitfire Mk IX Clipped Wings 1/72 Italeri

My first aircraft after a long time, slowly learning how to set decals properly.

SWdgOLX.jpg

yBylJGP.jpg

j1SBiNr.jpg?1

The interiors weren't really much detailed, the model even lacked the classic decals seat belts so i decided to model it closed, the fitting was far from perfect and it took me a long time to san everything and imperfections are still there.

But I really love clipped wings on spitfires and this model was cheap, I couldn't resist!

• Like 21

48 minutes ago, johnd said:

Nicely done.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (I ask this question whenever I see an Italeri Spitfire), did you use any particular trick to get the fuselage and cowling parts together?

John.

Glad you liked it!

I tries fitting the parts dry, then I used a lot of filling and sanding, soft and extra fine sanding sticks helped me really a lot, it took quite some time.

• Thanks 1

I've done both the Mk.V and the Mk.IX (although the latter is too short in the nose, it is the right length for a Mk.III - or near enough - which is what I wanted).  I didn't have any problem with the nose on either.  From memory, I attached each fuselage side and its nose together before bringing the full fuselage together.  Possibly trouble arises when a different method is tried?

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

I've done both the Mk.V and the Mk.IX (although the latter is too short in the nose, it is the right length for a Mk.III - or near enough - which is what I wanted).  I didn't have any problem with the nose on either.  From memory, I attached each fuselage side and its nose together before bringing the full fuselage together.  Possibly trouble arises when a different method is tried?

If I remember correctly, I glued the nose together and then placed it on the the halves already glued.

The good thing is that the kit gives the option for 3 different radiators and full wings or clipped.  Iwould have liked a little bit of extra details in the cockpit but I paid it a really low price I cannot complain.

Edited by SpaghettiFighter