Finally Plucked Up The Courage to Post This!

This 1/48 Airfix BF109E is the first kit I have built for something like 50 years! My eyesight and clumpy fingers can't cope with 1/72 scale so it’s 1/48 scale for me. It's the first time I have used an airbrush or attempted any kind of weathering.  All paints used are Vallejo Model Air. Some parts are missing/broken off, courtesy of a heavy-handed grandson, hence the retracting undercarriage.  I've used a clear Airfix stand which has been removed from the photo by magic. I’ve got some of the prop blur thingies but not convinced they look that effective. I’ll maybe try the no-blade method to simulate a spinning prop.

Currently building another Airfix 109E and an Airfix Mosquito PR.XVI (Both 1/48) with lots more waiting!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZUlNfLWG6QZNH309x7yCjHzJTCuzqGYn/view?usp=sharing 

• Like 13

Glad to find another "mature" modeller returning to the habit....

Great photo and an effective looking model. 

I've returned after 45 years, as you say, there is an awful to to learn, airbrushing, weathering, and much to get used to. 

Like you, I cannot manage 1/72 anymore, so for me 1/48 and 1/32... and a couple of 1/24 though where I'll put the mosquito i have no idea!! 

To get the photo in the body of the text you need to have an account with one of the hosting services, then you copy and paste a link that causes the image to appear each time the post is opened. 

Photobucket used to be popular, but they wanted to charge so it is no longer an option. Flickr is popular. 

Peter

Very dynamic and effective photo (speaking as an old photographer and aviation nut…)!

Model looks quite realistic in that setting – sorry for the poor bloke getting a stalled engine in this situation… ;-)

Clever modelling and photography!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Are we talking 60's Lambretta and Vespa?

Yes Lambretta ... Had a few back in the 60s and 70s. I currently ride a 1980 Model (Produced in India)

• Like 1