return to modelling, thankfully no cockpit.

Hello All,

After a short intro in the new members area I thought I would start putting up a couple of the builds I have completed over the last couple of years as a make my return to the addiction/hobby.

By quick introduction I built models very badly as a kid then went dormant for 15 or so years until the affliction returned. Picking up some of my childhood builds from my parents place lead me to understand just how rose coloured my glasses were in regards to how good I thought I was. Been lurking here picking up some pointers and techniques and the below represents an attempt to recreate some of them.

The X-47b was among the first builds I completed.  I say completed, because I think there came a point were I figured I couldn’t fix the errors any more without pulling it apart. But I learnt a little about washes, adding some detail and just how much easier it is to build a plane that doesn’t have a cockpit.

Please enjoy, and any criticism is probably warranted and welcomed if it will make me better!

40294644501_66d159f673_c.jpg

39397152625_51a3e6d26b_c.jpg

39583213644_cf22d83e4c_c.jpg

40249431352_21d8e517d7_c.jpg

• Like 30

Nice start Haemon, that looks quite nasty and very purpose like. 

I'll join you in the 'I hate cockpit's' club and if I recall correctly one of my first finished subjects was Tamiya's 1/48 V1!

Cheers and looking forward to the next build installment... Dave