Airfix 1/48th Sea Fury

Here's my first Airfix Sea Fury. Straight from the kit except for Eduard seatbelts and decals from Eagle Strike. A really nice model to build except for the aforementioned short shot fin leading edge and sink marked rudder. I did attempt a gunsight but as you can't really see it I only ended up with a representation.

Really nice panel lines and an almost perfect fit throughout. Thanks for looking.

39408518395_af8631c925_b.jpg20180216_204410 

38496576020_e0e05f438b_b.jpg20180216_204352

39408538415_1c8df6746d_b.jpg20180216_204547 

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Looks good but I can't see the last two pictures.

Chris

Sorry that's my fault. There are no pictures...I deleted the original ones to change the resolution of them and I'm not sure how to close the gap? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Just edit your post and delete the no-worky links.  Nice looking build!

Thank you,  I think I've done it now but it still leaves a big gap on the post where they were?

9 hours ago, keithjs said:

Thank you,  I think I've done it now but it still leaves a big gap on the post where they were?

You're welcome.  Maybe just a bunch of "return" characters- I'd suggest editing, and in that window scroll down, place cursor, and start backspacing- but don't overdo it.  If that's not it, then it must be some formatting/ computer weirdness that's beyond my expertise [sic].  Not that it bothers me, really, just trying to be helpful.

Had to come back and have another look!  Great choice of colour scheme. Anything Canadian draws my attention. :)

Edited by Mike
Error in using 'spoiler'

Thats very nice indeed. I was not going for this but well.......

But surely this is the kit that was declared unfit for building by more than one BM'er because of the tail fin issue.

• Haha 1