Airfix Sea Fury of the RCN

Threadbear

Hello

Here we go with another Airfix Sea Fury. I did consider purchasing another kit, but presently this is the only Hawker kit I have so I am being a good boy and not buying anything else. I am lucky that my kit appears to have none of the moulding faults of some kits. I am planning on doing a Canadian machine off HMCS Magnificent off the newly released Fundekals decal sheet, which I plan on ordering over the weekend. Some photos. 

40258900712_5d696bc7d6_b.jpgAirfix Sea Fury of the RCNAirfix Sea Fury of the RCNAirfix Sea Fury of the RCN

http://www.fundekals.com/seaFury.html

• Like 7

Look forward to seeing another RCN 48th Sea Fury.  No faulty parts on your kit by the look of it. I am going to wait for the next issue for mine which will include RCN decals.

Okay here we go. Made a start on the Sea Fury this afternoon. I apologise for the lousy photo, should do better! Assembled the cockpit and made a start on the undercarriage bay. Compared to the new(ish) Hurricane and Spitfires from Airfix, this looks like a doodle. Cleaning up the rudder bar was a pit of a pain due to the attachment points and being very delicate. Some parts will be left on the sprue for painting. In fact I am thinking of buying another....

Looking at trickyrich`s Sea Fury in 1/32nd scale is inspirational! I haven't don't much but its a start and will attempt some better photos. Ordered my Fundekal decals over the weekend. 

39673136314_cd28b3d125_b.jpg

• Like 5

thanks, I'm looking forward to following this one as well, it's a nice looking model.

I've finally found out what the drop tank is with the nose missing is, a recon pod, I never knew that. Hmmmm we need to have a Recon GB?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

thanks, I'm looking forward to following this one as well, it's a nice looking model.

I've finally found out what the drop tank is with the nose missing is, a recon pod, I never knew that. Hmmmm we need to have a Recon GB?

A reconnaissance GB you say Rich? Hmm that has potential...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Col. said:

A reconnaissance GB you say Rich? Hmm that has potential...

I like it too.

You could possibly call it the "For Your Eye's Only".. GB?

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

I like it too.

You could possibly call it the "For Your Eye's Only".. GB?

Cheers.. Dave  

There's the title sorted! Nice one Dave :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col. said:

There's the title sorted! Nice one Dave :thumbsup: 

if you look in the GB section there will be a thread about this...

Sorry to interrupt this thread......but i want to see plastic glued together!!  :D

• Like 1

Didn't have much time today but assembled the cowling. I had trouble getting a decent joint on the halves around the fasteners but otherwise okay. Spraying the undercarriage bay will take some planning due to the spar and the undercut at the rear of the bay.

40400758541_7b8f1f1671_b.jpg40356232792_b8a6e6d13d_b.jpg

Grahame 

• Like 5

Agree - this looks like a grand kit and its timing is suitably released to cash in with this Hawkers GB! I’m watching and my LHS has them in stock (I’m getting tempted!)

Cheers.. Dave 

Not a lot done in the past few days as the weather isn’t very favourable for an unheated shed, but cleaned up the prop, added the cannons and oil cooler to the leading edge on the lower main plane. Done some masking up ready for some spraying whenever that maybe. Also my Fundekals for Canadian Sea Furies has arrived the the quality is outstanding. Good choice of subjects. Excellent instructions which you down load as a PDF

27/02

27/02

Thanks for looking. 

Edited by Threadbear
Grammar
  • Like 4

Small steps are still progress Grahame and all this careful preperation will pay off soon ;) 

3 hours ago, ocatlub said:

I have one but I can not find a use for the slot at the top of the IP or is it an Airfix mistake?

Perhaps it's where the gunsight that Airfix forgot to include should fit?