Hasegawa 1/48 MIG-25

Shrek51

Hi All,

Just looked on the Hannants website, how can Hasegawa possibly justify an £80-99 pricetag for a 1/48 Mig-25RBT which is ICM Molds, when the same kit from ICM is around £38 quid!!!! are they intent on going bust? sooner or later modellers are really going to get wise to their outrageous prices. I thought the Sea King and British Phantoms were bad enough at £60-70 for molds that are 30 years old. Sorry guys rant over - I just hate feeling ripped off.

If ICM are providing the plastic for that boxing then it will be far more expensive, it's imported for one, Just look at our prices here in the UK 

for Hasegawa kits, after the importers have got it through customs and the importers have added their cut.

It works both ways, Airfix kit prices in Japan are mouth watering to say the least all for the same reasons as above.

The Hasegawa kit is intended for the Japanese market - the ICM kit runs in the 8000 Yen range in Japan while the Hasegawa one has an RRP of Y7200 (and can be found for under Y6000). If you purchase an EU kit that's been sent to Japan, repackaged and then back to the EU only the distributors are going to win.

J

• Like 1

Those who buy this boxing will doubtless approach the kit with the same logic as those who will pay twice as much for a 1/32 FW190D or a ME 109K in a Hasegawa box despite the (exact) same plastic sprues being in a Revell box AND with much better decals.

I use the word 'logic' in its widest possible context!

Gary