Airfix HP Victor B Mk.2 Freefall stores?

At Sea

Hi,  I am not at home right now otherwise I'd dig through my stash, also I have been searching on-line for an answer to no-avail.

Do any of you know if the Airfix Victor B Mk.2 can be built with conventional bomb doors closed or with open bomb bay doors and a freefall weapon (nuclear or conventional) inside?

I only ask because I think the Blue Steel looks a bit odd on the Victor, and I plan to use the Blue Steel from my Victor kit to improve my Airfix Vulcan when the time comes.

Thanks.

^^^

Typical.  You post a question and then think "I'll have one more look" and sure enough...

https://www.scalemodellingnow.com/aircraft-airfix-handleypage-victorbmk2bs/2

You can build it bomb bay shut.  I suppose open would be an option if you got clever and cut and recessed the bomb bay doors.  But I'm not that clever.

You can build it with the doors open too: the parts are in the box but to look at them they appear simply to be the inner skins.  Airfix have been clever here as the doors on the Victor slide upwards into the sides of the bay when open so that none of their external surfaces are visible.  The jacks and radius arms are also included but be careful to get them at the right ends of the bay as they’re “handed” fore and aft.  This then leaves you with a hole which was once described by a Victor crew-member as “looking like the inside of a badly-furnished British Railways carriage”.  One of my Victors is planned to carry a Blue Danube robbed from an Airfix Valiant, but if you want a load of 1,000 lb iron bombs you may have to wait for a further re-box of the Victor (perhaps next year please Mr Airfix?).  Why else would they have moulded the wings in such a way that you can omit the Kuchemann carrots as seen only on “early” B. 2s (and B. 1s, of course)?

1 hour ago, stever219 said:

You can build it with the doors open too: the parts are in the box but to look at them they appear simply to be the inner skins.  Airfix have been clever here as the doors on the Victor slide upwards into the sides of the bay when open so that none of their external surfaces are visible.  The jacks and radius arms are also included but be careful to get them at the right ends of the bay as they’re “handed” fore and aft.  This then leaves you with a hole which was once described by a Victor crew-member as “looking like the inside of a badly-furnished British Railways carriage”.  One of my Victors is planned to carry a Blue Danube robbed from an Airfix Valiant, but if you want a load of 1,000 lb iron bombs you may have to wait for a further re-box of the Victor (perhaps next year please Mr Airfix?).  Why else would they have moulded the wings in such a way that you can omit the Kuchemann carrots as seen only on “early” B. 2s (and B. 1s, of course)?

^^^  That's good news.  I was hoping to use the iron bomb load from my Victor as my Valiant is carrying the Blue Danube store.