SLIVERS...

Britman

• 4 weeks later...

They were the very first Starfighters I evr heard or saw! Down in Cornwall! I was staying at a little pub in Gweek with my mum and dad on a weeks hol( Well chosen don't you think coinciding with the Culdrose air day;)) They arrived during early Tuesday evening and the howl got me all nervy as I hadn't a clue of what it was! Being in the valley it echoed around and very eerie; especially in the depths of Cornwall where up to that time I had never been to before so it was strange. Next day Mum and dad wanted to sty local so I walked up to the airfield to go to the show. Had a great day, met Alan Hall with his big display of his builds, some which appeared in Airfix Magazine, first sighting of a Neptune and of course watched the Slivers do their stuff.

July 26th 1971. Lots of Hillers, Whirlwinds, Wessex, etc. FX61 and FX70 were the '104s. And a couple Indian Navy Sea Kings IN503 and IN505.

PS: By the way, anyone know how , where  I can get 1/48th decals fro the Slivers F-104 or any Belgian ones???

8 minutes ago, Paul J said:

They were the very first Starfighters I evr heard or saw! Down in Cornwall! I was staying at a little pub in Gweek with my mum and dad on a weeks hol( Well chosen don't you think coinciding with the Culdrose air day;)) They arrived during early Tuesday evening and the howl got me all nervy as I hadn't a clue of what it was! Being in the valley it echoed around and very eerie; especially in the depths of Cornwall where up to that time I had never been to before so it was strange. Next day Mum and dad wanted to sty local so I walked up to the airfield to go to the show. Had a great day, met Alan Hall with his big display of his builds, some which appeared in Airfix Magazine, first sighting of a Neptune and of course watched the Slivers do their stuff.

July 26th 1971. Lots of Hillers, Whirlwinds, Wessex, etc. FX61 and FX70 were the '104s. And a couple Indian Navy Sea Kings IN503 and IN505.

PS: By the way, anyone know how , where  I can get 1/48th decals fro the Slivers F-104 or any Belgian ones???

Hi Paul

Im not sure if the sheet includes the Slivers aircraft but Daco do a pretty good Belgian Starfighter sheet. Not cheap though.

Alternatively I have the Eduard NATO Fighter F-104 kit and am unlikely to use the Belgian AF option so drop me a pm if you’d like me to pop it in the post. FX 39 is the plane in question.

James

10 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Hi Paul

Im not sure if the sheet includes the Slivers aircraft but Daco do a pretty good Belgian Starfighter sheet. Not cheap though.

Alternatively I have the Eduard NATO Fighter F-104 kit and am unlikely to use the Belgian AF option so drop me a pm if you’d like me to pop it in the post. FX 39 is the plane in question.

James

PM on way