Short Sunderland Mk. III Italeri 1/72

47 minutes ago, zebra said:

Fantastic Sunderland. Not the best modeller in the world? None of us would claim to be the best but you’ve done a better job of this than I would have.

45 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

I'd be well chuffed with that, looks great.

Pete

41 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I'll be well chuffed if mine turns out even approximately as nice as yours! Excellent weathering!

Regards,

Jason

Thank all fellow modellers...you are all very kind...i'm happy you enjoy my work

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DJJunis said:

Wow that is outstanding!

All the Best!

Don

6 hours ago, Phone Phixer said:

You should be VERY satisfied with that result. Superb.

Love the paintwork and weathering.

Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

That is a very nice looking Sunderland. Can I ask what you found challenging with the kit, please?

As I said i'm not the best modeller in the world so I found some points little challenging: the interiors where ok...no problems. Good molds precision. The exterior molds have some problems: they are not precise as the interiors and i had to use lot of putty...which i'm not really good at...so lot of sanding and so on. Second challenge was to install all the antennas that makes then the model really difficult to manipulate...even if you install them at the end. Third challenge fore me was the floaters cables. Manual say to use stirred plastic but i decided to use aluminium ones...well not the best choice: had quite few problems to install them...and if you look at picture you can see that they are really far from being streight. And last, the manual: Italeri have really to work with this. Manual is laking in some points and in particular with colors. Some sections just don't tells you what kind of color to use so i had to use some immagination and photo reference, which is always good, but i think that this manual is not at the level of the kit price. 

I know that for advanced modellers those are not challenging points...but in my case...well...they were...and took me over 50 hours to complete the kit. For what it worth i would reccomend the kit...but for those that have already some 1/72 models experience.

I think you have done an excellent job on this, maybe some imperfections you see but not obvious to me & I think your weathering is superb, really first rate & just right for this sort of aircraft. Be proud of it, it is deserved.

Steve.

11 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I think you have done an excellent job on this, maybe some imperfections you see but not obvious to me & I think your weathering is superb, really first rate & just right for this sort of aircraft. Be proud of it, it is deserved.

Steve.

Thanks you for your kind words!

• Like 1