1/72 Lavochkin La-7, Eduard+Quickboost+Rob Taurus

Fuad

29 minutes ago, Learstang said:

That's something I try to make clear in my books; it was the Soviet Union, not 'Russia', which fought the Nazis and their fascist allies, and it was the Soviet people, not the 'Russians' who fought the Axis. 1.5 million Ukrainian soldiers died fighting the Nazis, and most of the civilian casualties occurred in the Byelorussian and Ukrainian Republics. The ethnic Russians did provide most of the soldiers in the Red Army and certainly the officer corps was mainly Russian, and their sacrifices should never be forgotten, but they did have help from the non-Russians in the Soviet Union.

Regards,

Jason

The Russian nation is the direct heir of the Golden Horde. For 300 years the Golden Horde owned the present lands of Russia. This land was called "Tartaria". The Horde consisted of Tatar-Mongols. Among Russians there are many people with Turkic faces. That's why the famous German pilot Hans Ulrich Rudel called the Soviet Army "The Horde". The Horde could not be defeated, because the universal (European) conditions do not apply to it))). The Horde never gives up. I recommend reading, if you have not read, the book "1941 eyes of the Germans. Birch Crosses instead of Iron" by Robert Kershaw.

Edited by Fuad
  • Like 1