1/72 Testors B-2 Stealth Bomber

Despy

From first sprue cut to final finish, it took me 7 years to finish this state of art model kit with my extraordinary(!?) skills. You can find the WIP thread as well.

40201058991_3906ca7812_b.jpg

It is far from being good (noticed the not symmetrical walkway decals?) but any way it is finished.

40201061001_bc50faffce_b.jpg

What I liked about it:

I finished it (a rare outcome for any model kit)

I was able to rescribe it and turn the raised details to recessed.

Not bad fit if you take into consideration how poorly the kit is molded.

Every finished kit is another experience (and with this speed of improvement, I'll be able to make the model kit as I want to in 80-90 years :D)

What I haven't liked:

Too much expectation which required skills beyond my reach

Poor execution of good ideas

Zillion of errors

Short cuts and compromises taken to finish

28421073489_7e82cec34a_b.jpg

39489445874_45eed652d2_b.jpg

40167922262_e19a95efd0_b.jpg

• Like 52

Well done indeed, l'm sure it fought you.  I got mine as far as painting and the application of some decals.  I recall sanding down a lot of steps with 320 grade wet and dry, when perhaps I should have deepened rebates.  That was about 15 years ago.  Maybe I might finish it now.

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Considering what I read in the build log. This looks very good 👍

I'm another follower of the WIP and it's amazing to see your end result after the work you've shared so far. Beautiful. I'd be proud! If ever there was an aircraft that deserved to be modelled gear-up I think the B-2 is that aircraft.

• Like 1

Hi Depsy

Always fancied this kit, but if it takes 8 years to build one well with the wheels up, you would have to add at least another 2 years for the undercarriage showing option !

I think you are being very self critical the end result is brilliant, take a bow Sir my goodness you have earn't it ! :worthy:

cheers Pat

Thanks again for your kind comments.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:27 PM, ModellerCH said:

Marvelous...need on of these! How much is the wingspan?

From tip to tip it is ~73 cm.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Depsy

Always fancied this kit, but if it takes 8 years to build one well with the wheels up, you would have to add at least another 2 years for the undercarriage showing option !

I think you are being very self critical the end result is brilliant, take a bow Sir my goodness you have earn't it ! :worthy:

cheers Pat

With my pace, yes it would take around 2 years to have landing gears deployed:D

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

lovely kit of a secretive plane.  my first recollection of this plane was it flew about 10 mins after a Chinook flew down the road at about 30 foot.  i came over our house at about 500 ft and it is one big plane.