1:48 Eduard Lavochkin La-7

I will be building the 1:48 Eduard Lavochkin La-7 in the scheme of Soviet Ace Lt. Col. S. F. Dolgushin.

This should be a relatively quick build as it is a weekend edition which means a low amount of parts and no photo etch, i will be building from the box so will use no after market parts.

DSC_0615.JPG

DSC_0617.JPG

DSC_0618.JPG

DSC_0620.JPG

DSC_0621.JPG

My plan for the finished model is to have a lightly weathered scheme with canopy open and gear down.

Hope everyone enjoys the build as it progresses, i hope to add an update every few days if all goes to plan.

• Like 2

Painting of the sidewalls done, next step is to move on to adding the wiring and weathering.

DSC_0637.JPG

DSC_0635.JPG

Gear bay painted and weathered with oil wash, i will probably also add some mud-like weathering where the wheels would be stored during flight.

DSC_0634.JPG

Hopefully there should be the final cockpit update over the next few days after i have finished the wiring, i will then be able to move on to assembly of the model.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Since my last update on the La-7 i have assembled the model and applied the paint and Gloss Varnish, most colours where citadel acrylic paints that i brush painted, the white was applied using an airbrush, most of my later builds will be majority airbrush due to me now having a working airbrush.

IMG_0263.JPGIMG_0265.JPGIMG_0264.JPG

Next i will be applying the Decals and weathering which will be very light, after that i will apply Matt Varnish to Complete the model.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally got around to finishing the La-7 

Since my last post i applied and decals and weathered the model using various washes and pencils in the panel lines.

I am very happy with the final product of the model, especially considering that it was mostly brush painted i feel the scheme ended up looking very smooth.

05CA240C-FEC9-4903-9C83-A2F927F9B414.jpe

2C15131D-D67B-4CF3-9750-18D84076D5F8.jpe

95FBB4D9-66FC-4CDB-8763-E6CD1F6F6A84.jpe

FE1D91BF-17B8-4063-A22A-0695A78391A2.jpe

Please comment and let me know what you think of the final project

Thanks to everyone that has been following the build, new projects will be coming soon...

• Like 3