What colours for Thai Airways?

armored76

Hi,

I resurrected an old idea of mine of building a Thai Airways Airbus one day which got me thinking which paints are actually available for the specific purple. Does any one of you have any suggestions? I'm mainly using acrylics but having a something from that line is not a must.

Many thanks in advance!

Cristian

• 5 months later...

Revell painting instructions should never be taken seriously. 

Have you seen this? https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036098-airbus-a350-thai-1144-revell/&tab=comments#comment-2995599

Viking doesn't say what colour he used but you could try dropping him a pm.

On 26/07/2018 at 18:24, Skodadriver said:

Revell painting instructions should never be taken seriously. 

Have you seen this? https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036098-airbus-a350-thai-1144-revell/&tab=comments#comment-2995599

Viking doesn't say what colour he used but you could try dropping him a pm.

Cristian, I mixed my own in an empty & cleaned out Tamiya jar (on the right, with a sprayed patch of the final colour on the lid).

thaipaint.jpg

I based it on X16 Purple, with a little X4 Blue and a dash of X7 Red.

I can't really give ratios as I did it by eye to match the colour of the 26Decals Thai A350 sheet. I just kept brush painting a sample onto a bit of white plasticard and comparing it to the decal sheet, until I got it as near as makes no difference.

I mixed up more than I thought I'd need, because I didn't want to run out. Plus I have a Revell Thai A330 still to do!

[edit] Just an afterthought - I wouldn't try to brush paint large areas like fuselages with Tamiya paint, it really needs to be sprayed. It dries very quickly so tends to 'drag' as it comes off the brush. Smaller areas like wheelbays are fine by brush. [/edit]

Hope this helps.

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1