This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

combat

Popski's day out - done! L.R.D.G. Matchbox 1/76

What can I say, well something really had an effect on me a few weeks ago and I've noticed that I really want to leave my scruffy models behind and move on.  Got a decent compressor, a brush that I feel I can use and some different glue.  So I hope that we will see a change from here.  Up next will be a tidier Humber: simpler diorama, only one vehicule and one half figure.  I am sure spring will come sometime and deliver us from this long lasting cold spell. 

I wanted to capture the early evening light in the desert.  The decals are from the kit so NZ, not correct for PPA but I almost got them on straight, even the one that came in 3 parts, (which I put on in the wrong place, doh) thanks Matchbox!

Quite a lot of work building up the Chevy and I stupidly stuck everything in the back before painting.  My effort to make a canvas roll from a bit of chiseled sprue is not too good, but will do for now.  Hopefully see you again when I get my Humber build up.

ziflTda.jpg

11vsbuk.jpg

vjiqF1Q.jpg

fmDayGa.jpg

Cheers, I realised after I'd taken the pic that I hadn't put the left hand drive steering wheel in the jeep - haha!  All done now.

Nice dio, I've just been reading a book with this chap in it.

A great little dio. I hope they got to the pub before last orders. :drink:

Pete

Hey

thanks for the thumbs up.  Still not happy with my work, but enjoy it, no I think I have made about 4 or 5 of the Matchbox now - Comet, Half track, T34, Gun Carriage and Krupp

Very nice diorama. A lot of work. Pospki would have loved this.

Just to be a pedant. Popski's Private Army was a separate organisation completely from the LDRG. The LDRG were more intelligence gathering.

Pospski carried out some intelligence work but was mostly disrupting the enemy behind his lines in the desert and in Italy. In the desert he

spent much time getting the British pro Arabs on side to rise against the Axis when the time came.

Apologies for the history lesson.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS