porsche 918 spyder

Made a start on this gorgeous little thing. Revell kit 07026.

Engine decorated in a mix of Alclads Polished Aluminium, White Aluminium and Steel.

Added some tiny bits of AK Interactive Grey Kriegsmarine wash. Tis German after all. :)

psx 6206

psx 6197

And stripped wheels and gave them a coat of Alclad jet exhaust and dabbed Polished Aluminium on the fronts with a make-up sponge. Kinda worked how I wanted it to.

psx 6144

psx 6101

I get the feeling this one will be a rather enjoyable build.

• Like 4

A bit more done today.

Rear suspension stuff

psx 6213

And a little try out of the Alclad holomatic spectral chrome

psx 6278

And the front motor and suspension fitted

psx 6280

psx 6302

psx 6309

All seemed to be going along quite nicely, and then I start thinking what a shame it'll be if hardly any of that Alclad is seen when the body is finished and it's all fitted together.

Which leads to.......

this happening.....

OOOOOOPS!!!!!

psx 6351

I think it might take me a bit longer to finish than perhaps I first thought. :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update on the  Porsche.

Brake stuff painted and fitted.

psx 6547

psx 6554

Interior painted rather simply with some alclad steel, polished aluminium and lots of the alc-309 black primer

psx 7112

And then I decided there was little point chopping off the back body section if I wasn't going to do the front too.

started scraping along the inside of back edge of bonnet with the back edge of craft knife and once you start seeing a mark on the outside where it looks like it's starting to come through, it's pretty easy to slice with the right edge of the blade.

Picture 007

Picture 009

so 3 bits primed in grey then painted the black trim parts in the alc-309 primer and masked them up ready for some alclad candy bright silver base.

psx 7125

Chopping it has meant I no longer have the problem of trying to glue painted bumpers onto painted bodywork, which is something I've been struggling with to try and get neat. And it's meant I can do something with those horrid join lines across the headlights, much more like the concept car.

(I would have loved exhaust tail pipes coming out in front of the rear wheels but I'm guess Porsche had the air intakes on top and the airflow of whole engine reversed for the concept car??? )

Anyway.

Not sure if there's too much to update on from here, she's had 4 coats of a nice colour and 2 coats of alclad klear kote gloss lacquer.

Hopefully I can put the few remaining bits on nice and neatly and she'll be off to the "inspection" department. :)

• Like 2