Frog Beaufighter 404sqn RCAF

Hi folk's I was never really into Frog kit's as a youngster  they were not as ready available as Airfix or Matchbox so this is the first of a half

dozen Frog kit's I'll be working through in the next couple of month's.It was still sealed when I found it at a local Sunday Market for a tenner

Decal's were poor but I managed to save the serials and codes and after a few hairy moment's got them on.NV427 was with 404 Sqn RCAF

and was lost on a mission over Norway on 8th March 1945 sadly with the loss of her crew.As will the other's I'm simply building OOB as we used

to hopefully with a better paint job and no gluey fingerprints than years ago!Thank's for looking in.Tempest,Typhoon,Blenhiem,Boston and

Hunter to follow.

39518597284_7536dc9d86_b.jpg

39331794295_61536b298f_b.jpg

26356883048_8b16d5969d_b.jpg

26356867578_eceea332cc_b.jpg

26356964018_a49a4c0193_b.jpg

25358413397_31e7f9d356_b.jpg

40230118621_0dffe360b6_b.jpg

• Like 27

Great job on that old kit Steve (again) :smile:. Like you, I never saw many Frog kits either, Airfix then Matchbox and then Monogram and Revell. Looks a bit better than the Airfix one that I built loads of as a kid.

• Like 1

Now you are talking Steve!

What can I say? This Beau looks plain impressive and you have done this old plastic proud. Could it be that the gluey fingerprints are on the underside?

Great show.

JR

• Like 1

Very nice result

Frankly speaking I though that OOB build of Frog Beau will get not so good result.  

I remember from late 1970-ties that we (our group of modellers in Krakow) considered Frog the best one Beau regarding shapes (compare to old Airfix and Matchbox - which were the only alternative these days). The main problems in Frog Beau was in too small engines diameter and (as I remember) a bit too long nose and canopy. Some almost 20 years ago I was comparing Frog  Beau with drawings in Aviation Archives series booklet and those were two main fault  beside some lack of enough detailing of air intakes, landing lamp etc..

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1