DHC RU-6A Beaver, 146th Radio Research Co`, Vietnam

I love the variety of subjects you builds Russ, but this one is really, really good to see. Like others have said, shame it isn't more widely available. I think we need an up to date kit of the Beaver.

As an aside, if you like a good read I recommend Think like a bird one mans story of flying the Beaver in the British Army, back in the 1960's. (I borrowed a copy from my local library, so possibly others will have it or can get it).

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Nice looking build(s) Russ...I also like the steel barrier backdrop...is that a photo or a constructed piece?

Cheers John, the revetment walls: I cut them off the bottom of some Noy`s Minatures 1/48 Vietnam back drops and glued them onto some sheets of plastic and taped them together. The back drops them selves are just a bit too small to use for anything bigger than a Skyhawk or F-5.

Well remember the Otter (have it saved as a reference when I finally get to mine) and this is equally handsome. Will look great together. Beautifully finished as ever - very very impressive work. 

• Like 1

Hi Russ!

As always very nice work. There are some many interesting Hobbycraft kits in my scale - Beaver or Caribou for example, but unfortunately nearly impossible to get.

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mario said:

Hi Russ!

As always very nice work. There are some many interesting Hobbycraft kits in my scale - Beaver or Caribou for example, but unfortunately nearly impossible to get.

Cheers,

Mario

Do not hesitate to send me two lines if interested to sell me the Beaver! Ciao

Edited by _frequentflyer_
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, _frequentflyer_ said:

Do not hesitate to send me two lines if interested to sell me the Beaver! Ciao

Hi frequentflyer,

think there was a little misunderstanding. Wanted to say that Hobbycraft produced a lot of these interesting aircraft types in 1/72 which is my favourite scale of modelling. Unfortunately have none of these model kits in the stash. Only Hobbycraft kits that are easy to find for a reasonable price are their F-86 Sabres.

Mario

• Like 1