Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

f matthews

Tamiya Infantry Tank Mk III, Valentine Mk IV

Recommended Posts

Just wrapped this project this past week.  A fun build in typical Tamiya fashion.  Some oversimplification in areas compared to AFV and Bronco Vallys, but great texture on the turret.mcL6y2.jpg9VeHBK.jpgrb9mE5.jpg

Edited by f matthews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, that is very tidy.  painting and weathering is tight too.  The diorama is very well done as well.  Do you always work in 1/35 scale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice job on the Valley. Painting, weathering and the base, all excellent.

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a very impressive Valentine and great presentation too. Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see anything either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I can't see anything?  :shrug:

It'll be that camo Sarge. Look for the blue flags, or the blue triangle and squint!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw these on the shelfl in my local Hobbycraft, and was sorely tempted. When I've whittled my stash down (5yrs?) I'll definitely get one of these beauties!

 

You've done a fantastic job Mr Matthews! A tidy build, nice camo and great diorama. Love it.

And on that note, please post in the dioramas forum as well?

 

Rearguards,

Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that is rather lovely! Currently building one of these and If it turns out even a third as good as yours I'll be well chuffed!

 

The base and name plate add a real touch of class :yes:

 

Regards,

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody lovely! :yes:

 

Great weathering & a lovely dio. I've resisted temptation too long with this kit - I can feel myself succumbing soon!

 

PETE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking job on this model. Looks super. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, combat said:

Now, that is very tidy.  painting and weathering is tight too.  The diorama is very well done as well.  Do you always work in 1/35 scale?

Thanks!  Yes, pretty much exclusively in 1/35.  Heading across the pond in a week to visit my daughter in London and was hoping to see some 1:1 scale armour while there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

Bloody lovely! :yes:

 

Great weathering & a lovely dio. I've resisted temptation too long with this kit - I can feel myself succumbing soon!

 

PETE

It’s a fairly quick build-I have an AFV Mk I that I started 4 years ago that is much slower getting to the finish line, but I can only manage to complete 2-3 builds a year. I was able to knock out the Bronco Mk IX in a few months last year.  Both the Bronco and the AFV are more complex and a little more finely detailed in places, but that also slows the progress down.

Edited by f matthews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, f matthews said:

It’s a fairly quick build-I have an AFV Mk I that I started 4 years ago that is much slower getting to the finish line, but I can only manage to complete 2-3 builds a year. I was able to knock out the Bronco Mk IX in a few months last year.  Both the Bronco and the AFV are more complex and a little more finely detailed in places, but that also slows the progress down.

That’s the beauty of Tamiya, always well engineered. Some manufacturers use 10 parts when 1 will do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks very nice, the finish is great, and the base gives it a very real touch. :goodjob:

Cheers mate :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×