High Planes Models CAC Avon Sabre RAAF

Wilks

3 hours ago, Paul J said:

I saw that last week. I regret I was traveling and couldn't remember my password to be able to pass on a comment. 

I like the scheme you chose. Not one I've seen modeled before. You've captured it well.

Cheers,

AGW..

Beautiful Sabre and great to see one from ARDU which is based at RAAF Edinburgh just north of Adelaide.  Been to some good airshows there in the past, but sadly they havn't had one now for a few years.  I distinctly remember one where a Mirage broke the sound barrier at low altitude and the sonic boom smashed the glasshouses on the nearby market gardens!

Andrew

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

A nice rendition of the ARDU machine. I'm sure you saw mine recently based on a Tasman and Fujimi. 

Martin

I did indeed... Like Paul J's effort I was traveling and had forgotten my password to add a comment. Nice result. The old Tasman conversion a little more challenging than the High Planes Models effort. You did it justice.

I was planning on doing the scheme you chose until pictures emerged from a late friends collection of this scheme. Hadn't seen it until then. Thought I'd give it a go.

I'm not sure if you've seen the attached but some nice video in there of the scheme you did.

Towards the end but all of it is worth watching.

Cheers,

AGW..

1 hour ago, Wilks said:

'm not sure if you've seen the attached but some nice video in there of the scheme you did.

Cheers,

AGW..

I liked seeing the serviceman in flip-flops refuelling a Sabre!

Hi Wilks!!!

Congratulations for this nice and wonderful build. Here in this side of the pond those kits are very rare to be seen, but if one of them cross in front of me for sure I will got it ASAP to try my hand with this one rare variant. Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

8 hours ago, Wilks said:

I did indeed... Like Paul J's effort I was traveling and had forgotten my password to add a comment. Nice result. The old Tasman conversion a little more challenging than the High Planes Models effort. You did it justice.

I was planning on doing the scheme you chose until pictures emerged from a late friends collection of this scheme. Hadn't seen it until then. Thought I'd give it a go.

I'm not sure if you've seen the attached but some nice video in there of the scheme you did.

Cheers,

AGW..

Well, you did her justice mate. :).

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner