Fokker C-V D, RR Kestrel, Netherlands '40, LF models 1/72 - important correction!

JWM

Hi,

A second my Fokker C-V - this time with RR Kestrel engine Dutch C-V D (so with short wings). Mashine is in colours of II Recconaissance group April-May 1940. Decals out of box but some small upgrade od model (guns sights, bombs, rotable prop, control cables, {EDIT: surface pannels before cockpit done by putty instead of thick deca or rather stick provided in box} ) was introduced.  When I asked about colours here

I've got a importnat hint from @Roger Holden that fuel tank was removed in Kestrel driven Dutch C-VD from upper wing to fuselage, so I follwed this info and sanded out all fuel tank structure from top wing. This was main Improvments, many thank Roger for turning my attention to this change :)

As I mentioned already with previous C-VD (Norwegian) this type of Fokker is an unique bi-plane without riging.

Here she is (some noise effect of camera gives blur, sorry for that but no too much light today):

39471822924_975b6304d5_b.jpg

28402973289_6111bb78ba_b.jpg

28402970269_0fa1ace1aa_b.jpg

39284951755_d4f099f6af_b.jpg

28402971769_15ddef764e_b.jpg

39284949965_3f198fda4c_b.jpg

39471817844_ebd296d948_b.jpg

39284954205_73b2196c1e_b.jpg

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
added info on wing changes
  • Like 29

4 minutes ago, Knight_Flyer said:

A very neat looking build. I'm impressed by the lettering on the landing gear tyre - was it part of the oob decals?

Many thanks, Knight! Yes - it is in box decals :) 

58 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Another nice one Jerzy.:thumbsup2:

Many thanks, Viniie

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

19 hours ago, russ c said:

Great looking build of an unusual subject

Russ, many thanks. Not so unusual as forgotten - Fokker CV was massive produced very universal machine of 1920s and early 1930s, a counterpartner to Hawker Hart family, Potez XXV, Breguet 19...  

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Great job on this Jerzy

Many thanks!

14 hours ago, VG 33 said:

I really like her very much.

Patrik, I appreciete :)

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I like that. An aircraft I've not heard of before, rather handsome in a utilitarian way & very nicely made.

Steve, many thanks. Fokker CV is some 

how forgotten, but was very important and successfull construction. It was used in years between wars in many countries of mostly northern Europe (Neteherlans, Norway,Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia) but also Switzerland (developed there to EKW 35), Hungary (also developed there to WM 16 and WM 21 Solyom), Italy (as Romeo Ro 1 and Ro 1 bis) and even Japan and US. It was a huge family of machines with at least three different wings and two different fuselages and several various kind of engines as well as different underarridges. Do not worry - I've learnt about it also not many years ago...

12 hours ago, TheBaron said:

You're an absolute machine Jerzy - yet another striking and unusual piece of work.:clap:

Many thanks Tony... This is result of pression of still not diminishing stash. I have to keep running if I want to do them all....

9 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice, Jerzy ;)

Thank you!

23 minutes ago, IanC said:

Biplane without rigging? My kind of biplane!

Beautiful model, with some delicate and impressive detail.

Mnay thanks!

Deep regards, I am going upstairs to paint next Fokker - the Dutch CX also with Kestrel now...

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mitch K said:

A superb built as always, Jerzy!

Thanks for sharing.

Many thanks, Mitch.

One day you've mentioned that you are doing some models of certain country in a kind of series. I've found this idea a good one and now I am going your  way - but a bit variated. My last models were Norwegian, Dutch or Finish. After doing four I do not have any more Norwegian now in stash to build (at least for 1940) but what I have already started are still withing the circle of Dutch or Finish...  

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Another great build of another obscure type. 

Pete

Pete, many thanks! 

Regarding obscure types: next Fokker - this time CX also with Kestrel - is near finish :) 

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pheonix said:

I do like your obscure or lesser known types especially in the markings of the smaller air forces. A biplane without rigging is indeed unusual - but as usual you have made a first class job of it.

Pheonix, many thanks. That is what I like too :)

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Hi,

Already more than a week ago, when I put on my shelf both Kestrel driven Dutch Fokkers: LF models CV and AZ models CX immediately I notice something horrible - the props were of two different rotations! Which is correct? Fast look on other Kestrel driven machines onmy shelvs immediately shown that flaw is in CV by LF models. It took me some tim eto correct it, but I've done. Some year ago I did converion of A-model Hawker Fury to Persian Fury which was with Bristol engine (prop with another rotation) so a wooden prop for Kestrel was present in my stash. It was of the same diameter, but  had conic prop spinner. I cut out top of it, made a resin copy of prop hub from another LF Fokker (CVE) from LF, set it together with a special shaft bearing (a plastic tube from lollipop)

And here is result:

38615070260_63d60a6c78_b.jpg

In my fingers is removed system - it is a bit closer, they are of the same diameter

And the prop is agin able to rotate - this time in right direction!!!

38615071660_4d69b6355d_b.jpg

Now two Fokkers can stay one next to another on shelf.

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
correction of mistake
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2021 at 9:53 AM, HOUSTON said:

JWM,

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS  model.

:worthy:

Many thanks! Those Fokkers CV family members are very interesting subjects, LF was announcing the whole range of their resin kits re-issued now as injected kits, but they stopped suddenly and half way not doing  a rounded fuselage late variants of CV or further developed airplanes like  Hungarian Manfred Weiss WM 16 Budapest and WM 21 Solyom or Swiss EKW-C35 (which is in half way to CX)... I  hope they will appear one day

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1