28mm Samnites

These are Crusader Ancient Oscans Unarmoured Samnites,made of peweter,came in a pack of 8 with no weapons just separate shields and heads,which had to be glued,A first for me to work in this kind of material,they were very rough and needed a lot of cleaning up,lacking any real face detail,gave the faces a wash to bring out what detail was there,most seem to be asleep except for one who seems to be a happy little Samnite,all were hand painted with acrylics and given a light wash,would not buy this brand again,have seen better detail in plastic,I just saw them on line and liked the chunky style and head wear,I'm happy how they turned out anyway,again the pics are not the best my camera doesn't like taking anything smaller than 1/35.Cheers

tn_31fbf8c4-3e35-4d53-83f0-b982a229acfa.tn_177bdda6-681b-477d-bad2-eb3f930a5181.tn_e1ad481a-3f6c-4866-be62-7822ed3f1d9a.tn_8330c704-17f4-476a-b7dd-82695f3ca78f.

• Like 8

Interesting choice for your first metals Jim

7 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

most seem to be asleep

One of those snap shots where everyone is blinking :sleepy:

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, FredG said:

Interesting choice for your first metals Jim

One of those snap shots where everyone is blinking :sleepy:

Not knowing anything about these small figures,it was a learning curve,I also have a 28mm Warlord Celtic Chariot metal as well.I guess the blinking was better than red eye:D.Cheers.

9 hours ago, johnd said:

Very nice, that takes me back to my youth. When they say 28mm, are they just being honest about the old 25mm label now, or are they even bigger these days?

John.

Thanks John,the size issue I do not know,but these figures are 28mm from feet to top of head,over the past 50 odd years I have built 1/72 and 1/35 kits,I've only been doing this size from last year,just enjoying doing something different.Cheers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Nicely done, you can't tell thy are asleep.

Watch out for the Warlord Chariot, if it is the same one as mine it is very fragile.

Thanks,yes I did note there is some very fine detail pieces in this kit,and there is a lot of cleaning up,being all thumbs and super glued fingers will see how I go,Cheers.

• Like 1