Welsh Models' Boeing P-8A Poseidon 1/72

hsr

That is impressive though not my sphere of interest. Just as an aside, DrawDecals have just released decals for the P-8 in three scales 1/200, 1/144  AND 1/72.

• Thanks 1

One question about the Welsh Models resin parts. There are two parts that seem to represent the engine generator bulges. However the bulges are also molded into the engine parts. Are these items for something else? If so, what?

P-8_engines.jpg

Nils

Edited by Vingtor

I did not get those parts. I did get a large radar blister that looked like an AP-20, so it looks like they occasionally include some spurious parts. 

3 hours ago, Vingtor said:

One question about the Welsh Models resin parts. There are two parts that seem to represent the engine generator bulges. However the bulges are also molded into the engine parts. Are these items for something else? If so, what?

P-8_engines.jpg

Nils

Nils, the kit has been retooled. The original issue had engines without bulges, the spares you have are meant for the earlier kit. The extra bulges are undersized as you can see so that is why they retooled the engines.

5 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nils, the kit has been retooled. The original issue had engines without bulges, the spares you have are meant for the earlier kit. The extra bulges are undersized as you can see so that is why they retooled the engines.

Thanks. I sent a mail to Welsh Models as well, and got the same answer.

Nils

Fantastic build!

I would love to build a civilian 737-800 in that scale!

I feel your pain regarding the cockpit glazing falling inwards.

It has recently happened to me on a DC-3 (Italeri) that I am building.

I haven't figured out what to do about it yet.

Anyways, your Poseidon is simply brilliant, in spite of your troubles.

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kapam said:

I would love to build a civilian 737-800 in that scale!

It looks like they have kits of the civilian 737-800 in 3 different liveries http://www.welshmodels.co.uk/MJA72.html

6 hours ago, kapam said:

I feel your pain regarding the cockpit glazing falling inwards.

It has recently happened to me on a DC-3 (Italeri) that I am building.

I haven't figured out what to do about it yet.

I toyed with the idea of using Microscale Krystal Klear. I didn't because I figured it would only be translucent at best and I thought the decal might be better, but the decal is a bit of a disappointment so I wish I had gone with the Krystal Klear 

Just as a follow up. As I had predicted in the first post the resin main gear did eventually collapse

o4DQ3ZZo_o.jpg

I contacted the people at Welsh Models and they kindly sent me a new set. Unfortunately they sent it to Croydon in the UK rather then Croydon, PA in the US  where I live (those early colonists had no imagination when it came to naming their new towns) and it disappeared. So I made a new set using brass rod, styrene and bits from the original

0wtFX4FA_o.jpg 

• Like 1